“Best - Best Western I've ever stayed in!”

Best Western Northpark Inn
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Jay S
ManagerBWCovington, Manager at Best Western Northpark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were delighted with our stay at this cozy BW in Covington. When we pulled in at midnight, the staff was super friendly, and the room was clean and spacious.
Most important for our little West Highland White Terrier, the hotel is Pet Friendly - she got a box with treats, poopie bags and a leash light (how cool is that?), and there was a pillow just for her on the floor inside the door. (She knew it was hers immediately!)
There was plenty of room for my laptop and my husband's (of *course* free and fast WiFi), a fabulous flat screen TV.
We didn't use the fridge or microwave this trip, but it is good to know they are there.
Breakfast was great - oatmeal, whole grain muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, juice, apples, bananas, yogurt -- the real deal and not just empty carbs.
I am looking forward to coming back!

Room Tip: I loved how housekeeping staff folded the towels into cool swans!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

I am so glad your little pup enjoyed our dog gifts. We want ALL of our guests to enjoy their stay, which is why we don't leave the pets out either! All of our pet rooms come with their own personal pet bed and at checkin we have a welcome box with treats, waste bags and a really fun leash light. We just purchased these for our furry guests so I am so glad you enjoyed it! We have just upgraded our Wireless Internet a few months ago to be even faster and just recently purchased the flat screen TVs for all of our rooms. If was so nice of you to comment and we look forward to seeing you when you are in the area again. Thanks!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

It has been years since visiting a Best Western. I worked for Hilton for more than 15 years, but am now retired. I was passing through the Covington area and saw this BW and decided to see if they had rooms. Was only one night, however the room and service were excellent as was the Continental Breakfast. I do not normally take time to give reviews but this was one I felt comfortable giving. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: I asked for and received a first floor room. I had no problem with noise or distractions.
1  Thank Bill J
ManagerBWCovington, Manager at Best Western Northpark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and coming from a former hotel employee, it means a lot. We take a lot of pride in our Free Hot Breakfast Buffet that we offer each morning. We offer eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereals, fruit and much more every day! I do hope you can stop by next time you are in the area and I thank you again for recommending us to others! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was very happy with my experience at this property! Every detail was perfect. The room was spacious, the beds were super comfortable, the bedding was crisp and white, and there were plenty of fluffy pillows. There was even overhead lighting which is very rare these days. My room had a flat screen television and plenty of channels to choose from. The room was immaculately clean and smelled very fresh. There was plenty of coffee, instead of the usual skimpy cup or two offered in most places. The bathroom was spotless, not a single hair anywhere. There were lots of towels, and they even had several folded into swans which I thought was pretty neat. My room also had a microwave and medium sized fridge and both were spotless. The remote to the television was one of the new 'clean' type that is cleaned for every guest so you know it's not all germy. I walked around in white socks and they actually stayed white on the bottom so I know the carpet was nice and clean. I have stayed in 3-star hotels and ended up with black feet before so I totally appreciate clean carpet. The internet connection was excellent. The staff was also excellent. I was first given a room that was close to the maintenance room and they had some work projects going on. I went back in and asked for another one in a more quiet location and was placed in a more peaceful location immediately. Someone even called to check on me and see if I was happy with my room. I am very impressed with this hotel and will most certainly return when I have business in the area again.

1  Thank Beth713
ManagerBWCovington, Manager at Best Western Northpark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

What a nice review! Thank you so much! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently completed the Ultra Clean - I Care 2 program, which is a new program Best Western has implemented and it focuses on preventative maintenance, cleanliness and deep cleaning. We have put many of the elements in practice, like the new “Clean Remotes.” This program also includes the utilization of UV wants and UV lights to spot and kill bacteria, which in return gives you a super clean room! The housekeeping staff is really great at the little touches they put in the room, like the folded swans. Thanks for taking the time to comment and again, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and do hope you can stay with us again!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed in this hotel on storm work. I was happy with the cleanliness of our room and the bed slept good. The only thing I found strange was the doors were tiny. It had a separating wall when you walked in the room and on the other side was the bed. No flatscreen tv here, just a older regular tv. The housekeeping was great. They would even straighten up our clothes we'd left laying in the floor and everywhere ( bunch of guys on storm work really don't care about neatness) the pool was closed due to the hurricane that had came through so we didn't get to use it. I was happy staying here and I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ManagerBWCovington, Manager at Best Western Northpark Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Our Housekeepers do an excellent job, so thank you so much for noticing and commenting on them. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the housekeeping department. We just recently upgraded all of our TVs to an LCD TV, hopefully when you are in the area again you can come check them out! Thanks for your comments and hope to see you guys soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our room was very clean, the beds were VERY comfortable. I was surprised by how nice it was. Also, the breakfast buffet was delicious. They had pastries, cereal, fruit, eggs, biscuits, waffles, sausage. The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am happy you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and hope you can stay with us again whenever in the area. Thank you for commenting!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We used the meeting rooms to host our daughter's rehearsal dinner. The venue could not have been better! The staff helped out with all the details and helped to make the evening a wonderful success. Many of our wedding guests stayed in the hotel and were very happy with the facilities, the staff, and the breakfast served each morning. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I am so happy your daughter, friends and family enjoyed their time at the Best Western in Covington. We have a great meeting space that can be used for corporate or social events! Our free hot breakfast buffet that we offer really stands out, with eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy and homemade waffles! Thanks so much for commenting! We hope to see you again.