“LaQuinta Covington LA room 342”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Covington
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Prairieville, Louisiana
“LaQuinta Covington LA room 342”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a great hotel overall except for the floor in room 342. My children, husband, and I had to keep clenaing our feet because they stayed dirty, as we walked on the floor bearfoot our feet would turn black. The floor needs to be cleaned bad.

Room Tip: Check out the floors especially room 342 before committing to staying here. Your feet will stay dir...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank melanie h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I come to the Wooden Boat Festival in Madisonville every year. Last year was our first time staying at this LaQuinta, and we were very pleased. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were very clean. Just booked our rooms here again for the October 2012 festival. This hotel is the closest one to Madisonville, LA.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I came to this hotel because of a death in our family. I didn't know how to get around town and I was really in a bad spot emotionally! The manager and her staff went over and above to make sure I got where I needed to be and helped me with anything I asked. The manager actually brought me to some of the places I needed to go to insure I got there. I will always be grateful to them for their hospitality! Thank you!!

Barbara Schrully

• Stayed May 2012
Lake Jackson, Tx
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel at least once a yr when visiting family or traveling thru to visit my hubby's family stopping mid point. Last yr jewelry was missing when we realized the windows were unlocked and opened.

On this year's visit I was very disappointed in the maintenance of the hotel. It was soooo bad  I took pictures because being an Elite card holder I stay exclusively at LQ. The lamp shade was all cracked and broken over the desk, the chair had teeth mark chewings on the wood frame, the towel rack in the bathroom was broken causing the shelf to lean downward on the top over the toilet so we had to make sure we didn't touch it too much when getting our towels causing them to all slide off in the toilet, but the final worse thing was the torn and worn top sheet. The 2" header on the top sheet was torn open about 10" and the rest of the sheet was holding on by mere threads. I spoke twice to the front desk about this. And the breakfast offered was the same thing every day. We left after 2 days. Sorry but you have lost my business at this hotel.

Linda Vinas
Sent from my iPad

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Travelers are raving about these Covington hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Hi,Well first I have to say that the reason we do select La Quinta is due to your front desk courtesy and has the best bedding and rooms but my wife loves to come to our room after we have been touring the room and hit the swimming pool and spa but I have to tell you that our stay at La Quinta in Covington, La. didn't have either. The front desk did never greet us as we walked in as they always do everywhere else there was a sign every time that they were away helping another guest. When my wife and I tried going to the pool and spa the pool was cold like ice and the spa was as well and both dirty actually in the spa there were dead wasp in it and some trash so when we did see someone at the front desk we asked them about the maintenance of the spa and pool and he made a comment with a chuckle we have not worked or maintain neither one of them since mid-December not the answer or respond we were hoping for so I advice my wife not the effort to even mention anything else to them. And the housekeeping did not empty out or vacuum the room as well. This does not mean we will not be returning to La Quinta but did want to give you some feedback on our experience and stay that your staff did not make it to pleasant for either one of us. I am hoping that this will help to make any corrections that need to be made to your staff and facility.  Thank you for listening.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Abilene,TX
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I guess we were spoiled by our stay the previous night in St. Petersburg, FL at a La Quinta. The breakfast here is about 1/2 the quality I would expect. The coverr sheet had holes in it and I kept getting my foot caught in it. This is poor quality.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 21, 2012

What a great stay it was. The employees were pleasant and helpful; the room was clean and comfortable. The heating/AC unit worked correctly and was easily adjusted. The TV was a good size digital model and the remote worked great. The beds were crisp and comfortable, as were the pillows. The lighting was very good...all lamps and light fixtures worked. The desk area was nice and the chair was clean and worked properly. The room had a microwave, fridge, and a 1 cup coffee maker, all were clean and worked properly. The bathroom was large and had the usual amenities...the only thing missing was "kleenex". The bathtub had a handheld shower nozzle where the height of the showerhead could be easily changed. The showerhead had multiple spray settings and it was easy to change from one to another. The room had a higher toilet seat height and that was appreciated. Even though it was located near the interstate, I couldn't hear any traffic noise. My room was located next to the stairs, so occasionally I'd hear someone clonking up or down. The breakfast was good and varied. I stayed 2 days and there was cereal (in small boxes...raisin bran, corn pops, and a couple more), oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits, gravy, bread (for toast), miniature muffins and sweet rolls, coffee, milk, apple and orange juice. Some items were scarce if you arrived for breakfast after 8:30, even though breakfast is supposed to be served until 9. Check-in and check-out was quick and easy. They are pet friendly with no additional fee. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends