“Delicious meals and consistantly excellent service!”
Review of Dakota

Dakota
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 179 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: One-quarter mile north of I-12
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I dined at The Dakota restaurant last week for a quick dinner and although we haven't been here for over a year, we found that the service is still the best on the Northshore of Lake Ponchartrain and the meals were still delicious!
The wait staff treated us as if we were VIP's even though we ate in the bar; just to have a quick and light dinner. The setting is beautiful even for a bar.
We shall return soon!

1  Thank traceplace
There are newer reviews for Dakota

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I had wanted to go into New Orleans for a "date night." However, we discovered that our son had a game early the next morning, to we decided to stay on the Northshore. It wasn't very busy on a Saturday night. Very nice bar and atmosphere. Attentive, friendly services. The prices were fair for the quality of food and attentive service that you receive. It was our first time visiting Dakota as we are recently transplants for out of tow.....almost all of the staff came by to meet us....even the manager and the chef! The food could not have been better and was well worth the price. I had one of the best filet mingon that I have ever been treated to.....it was cooked perfectly and I had no desire for steak sauce to cover up the incredible flavor of the beef. Crab lump and brie soup was outstanding (but very filling!) My fiance had the gumbo (also outstanding), and New Zealand lamb. Their wine list is amazing.....what they have listed on line is just the tip of the ice berg. The manager made an excellent, mid priced recommendation that was wonderful with our food. The only complaint I have is that they need to work on their tequila list....they just had the usuals.......Patron and Cuervo, neither of which I would touch with a ten foot pole. I highly recommend Don Julio (either Anjeo r Reposada) or Asombrosio LaRosa (a pink, rose tequila....delicious!..and inexpensive....the company does business with a small bar in The Quarter and can't keep it in stock because it sells so fast.! Wine list was spectacular. Great staff. We think we've found our new "go to" spot on the North shore.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Romantic and high class restaurant. Food was phenomenally prepared. Shrimp grits and veal with crab and bernaise sauce was excellent.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We love this restaurant! It is my favorite place to celebrate my birthday and to dine in elegance and have excellent, unsurpassed personal service and attention from the wait staff. Though pricey, it is well worth it. the starters, entrees and desserts are unsurpassed! I absolutely love the chef's treat that is brought out! Always a surprise because it is the only restaurant locally where I get this added surprise treasure of a treat and so I forget about it each time. But not any longer! We try to go often though it is an hour's drive or more but well worth it. We will be there perhaps this weekend for my birthday! There is something for everyone from steaks to seafood and it is all tasty and fabulous. DO NOT MISS THIS word of mouth place! Take my word for it! It is worth the drive to the Northshore from New Orleans!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We ate there for the first time on a Saturday night and the food was excellent! I started with the French brie soup with lump crabmeat and my husband had the roasted beet salad. Both were divine! For our entrees, we both had fish. I had the redfish almandine. It was an excellent piece of fish in a butter almandine sauce over harcourt verts with sweet potato hushpuppies. My husband had the Atlantic salmon with a potato leek cake. It was excellent! We finished with the chocolate sheba cake- a flourless cake that is almost a fudge with a caramel drizzle topped with a few grains of sea salt. The service was excellent but set at a French pace. So dinner is kept at a leisurely pace and diners who want a waitperson constantly hovering over them will be disappointed. But we loved it. There was time to enjoy each course and each course came at precisely the right time. This is our new favorite restaurant!