“Fantastic Food and Service!”
Review of Dakota

Dakota
Reserve with OpenTable
Dakota is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 188 Restaurants in Covington
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: One-quarter mile north of I-12
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Romantic and high class restaurant. Food was phenomenally prepared. Shrimp grits and veal with crab and bernaise sauce was excellent.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We love this restaurant! It is my favorite place to celebrate my birthday and to dine in elegance and have excellent, unsurpassed personal service and attention from the wait staff. Though pricey, it is well worth it. the starters, entrees and desserts are unsurpassed! I absolutely love the chef's treat that is brought out! Always a surprise because it is the only restaurant locally where I get this added surprise treasure of a treat and so I forget about it each time. But not any longer! We try to go often though it is an hour's drive or more but well worth it. We will be there perhaps this weekend for my birthday! There is something for everyone from steaks to seafood and it is all tasty and fabulous. DO NOT MISS THIS word of mouth place! Take my word for it! It is worth the drive to the Northshore from New Orleans!!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We ate there for the first time on a Saturday night and the food was excellent! I started with the French brie soup with lump crabmeat and my husband had the roasted beet salad. Both were divine! For our entrees, we both had fish. I had the redfish almandine. It was an excellent piece of fish in a butter almandine sauce over harcourt verts with sweet potato hushpuppies. My husband had the Atlantic salmon with a potato leek cake. It was excellent! We finished with the chocolate sheba cake- a flourless cake that is almost a fudge with a caramel drizzle topped with a few grains of sea salt. The service was excellent but set at a French pace. So dinner is kept at a leisurely pace and diners who want a waitperson constantly hovering over them will be disappointed. But we loved it. There was time to enjoy each course and each course came at precisely the right time. This is our new favorite restaurant!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We dined at Dakota recently and found the service to be lacking. The food was fine-- nothing memorable-- but at a restaurant of this caliber, service can be the difference between a great experience and a not-so-memorable one. Unfortunately, Dakota did not live up to my expectations.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A real shame, as the lamb nachos and especially the grilled redfish really stood out. I really dislike it when the waitstaff act as if we are there to serve them. Besides the ridiculously long wait to get any attention, then to get water, then to take the order, then to have things taken away before we finished, then to wait on the next course... The snobbery and insinuated insults of the waiter/s was quite unbecoming, and highly annoying.
Note, it Was during the holiday season, however they were not short on staff, the restaurant was not full, And we had a reservation.
Dear owner, please take a look at your employees, and revisit what service means. In an area where it's not hard to find great food, people will go elsewhere. I know I will.