“One of the worst hotels on the northshore”

Hampton Inn Covington
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Golden, Colorado
“One of the worst hotels on the northshore”
Reviewed November 20, 2008

I travel to the area quite frequently for business. I have stayed in just about every hotel in the area, and I can honestly say this is the worst hotel of the lot. I stayed for three nights (I had over a week booked), which was about 2 nights too many. I got 3 rooms, one for each night. The first 2 had mold around the light fixtures in the bathroom and hallway--the hotel has an obvious mold problem, you can smell it in their entry way. The third room's aroma was dominated by bleach after speaking with the manager and getting his guarentee that my next room wouldn't have mold. But, the light fixture above the toilet did fall around 3 in the morning, where I was standing 10 minutes earlier when I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. The last event was misfortune for the Hampton, but my guess is the fixture was not re-installed properly when manager sent a maintenance person up to wipe the room down with bleach. I threw my weight around being a diamond member and they refunded me the whole cost of my stay.

My advice, pay the extra $10/night and stay across the street at the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2008

We stayed one night in August on our way to Florida. The rooms were fair sized and clean. The room had a mini-fridge and coffee maker. They had a nice breakfast with very limited seating. They ran out of some items toward the end of the breakfast time. My main complaint is that it is extremely difficult to find/get to. You will be certain that you made the wrong turn; but you didn't.

• Liked — clean room and nice breakfast
  • Disliked — finding the hotel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
San Antonio
Reviewed June 4, 2008

We went to another hotel first and it looked like something out of a horror movie and it stank bad! Finally I found the Hampton Inn and checked it out. We told our story abou the other hotel and she felt bad for us so she gave us a discount, which was great! The room was awesome. Huge king size bed, very comfortable. It also had a huge jacuzzi tub in the room which was sooooooo relaxing. Great breakfast offered! Terrific place! I would definitely come back!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank STG4life
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2008

We stopped at this place as part of a long drive to Houston and luckily they had a room available. I was able to get the AAA rate and the room turned out to be spacious and comfortable.

The room had high ceilings and a sofa along with a King Sized bed. The bathroom was clean and up-to-date. The free wireless internet connection worked fine and it was close to several restaurants and gas stations.

Highway noise was a little bit of a problem but we were so exhausted going to sleep was no problem. The included breakfast was okay. The staff was helpful and informative.

Great overnight stay.

• Liked — Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, price
  • Disliked — Highway noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Longwood Traveler
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 28, 2006

Stayed over the past week as a long term guest. The staff was the best I have experienced in all of my recent travels. I am a Hilton HHonors member and this hotel made me feel so at home and offered to assist me in every wish I had.

The Management staff greeted me each morning as well as the cheerful Front Desk and breakfast hostess. Whenever I needed directions, they were printed up at a moment's notice, restaurant reservations made for me, a trip into New Orleans planned at a moments glance, when I found out my wife was joining me for a weekend.

The guest room smelled good, the sheets clean and crisp, the tile squeaky clean and the food was great for the complimentary breakfast.

Thanks,

Chip

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank gallup
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2006

We recently attended a family wedding in Covington, LA and had no clue as to where this town was and or what hotels were available. The bride had chosen the Hampton Inn and we called the hotel to inquire about reservations. We were able to secure a room for "market value", and the room came with full breakfast buffet (no limit) and one of the best hotel staffs you could what. Any and all of our needs were met with smiling faces and "is there something else I could do for you" attitudes.
This town is rocking and shows no signs of Katrina leftovers.
Enjoy a night of hospitality in Covington at the Hampton Inn.
It's worth the stop and stay.
Bob

Stayed May 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2006

Flew into New Orleans on Friday, April 21,2006 . I was going to meet my family to go to a wedding. The wedding party decided to stay at the Hampton Inn. I had to get two rooms for a family of seven. We got settled into our adjoining rooms at 8:30 pm.... that's when the nightmare started. My wife and I were in one room, and my five daughters were in the other. After settling in our beds, my whole family started itching. I was startled when my eleven year old daughter came to my room with big bites on her back. My wife was itching all over. We were so exhausted from traveling that we decided to stay anyway. The next morning, we had to get a wedding party of seven ready. The bathroom in room 321 was a designated handicapped room. There was mold and tiny black curly hairs all over the shower curtain. My wife was so disgusted and said, "I am NOT staying another night here.". The bathtub in the adjoining room, 323, had yellow water coming out of the faucet. All of my children, my wife, and myself, were bitten by fleas (or something) all over. At this point, we had a wedding to go to. We were exhausted and disgusted. A hotel is supposed to be a comforting place to relax and enjoy. We did NOT have that experience at all. We could not wait to leave. I told my wife, "I would rather sleep in my car than here!". We checked out, and will NEVER, EVER, stay with the Hampton hotels ever again. I just want you to know about my les miserables experience, and my Night of Horror.

• Stayed April 2006