“Everything was great.”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Covington, United States
“Everything was great.”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Covington, LA is a great place to stay whether you are a passing traveler or someone looking to stay a while. The staff (ie: everyone) strove for excellence and I cannot point out who was nicer/better than the other. Breakfast was delicious, check-in and check-out were quick, and the front desk staff were helpful in providing information concerning sites to see in New Orleans. This hotel may be slightly more expensive than other hotels in the area, but, you won't get the same experience. It was clean; hotel staff were great; the room/bathroom were very nice; and, the rooms were quiet. I would choose Hilton Garden Inn Covington, LA again and I would recommend it to anyone of my family and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are not happy with the stay, they will comp you but do not fill out the online survey honestly or then the manager will call you at your house and berate you.

seriously. there was a problem and I was comped, which I appreciated. but then they sent me a survey and I made the mistake of answering it honestly as people usually want honest feedback, good or bad.

first the assistant manager called to question me about the survey and then yelled at me. I contacted Hilton Honors to let them know. Then the manager called me and really let me have it.

Challenged me to a fight.

Seriously. Don't stay here if you have a choice.

2 Thank m c
MsSuitePeach, VP Sales & Marketing, PMI Hotels at Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Mr. C.,

Thank you for your recent response. I have contacted the hotel general manager and reviewed the circumstances concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I am pleased that we provided resolution about your stay, but am disappointed about its further escalation. In the interest of all parties involved, I would request that should you have more comments, please contact myself directly. My email is liz.beneski@pmihotels.net
The hotel did indeed provide compensation for your stay, but the communication that transpired after your survey, and how it was interpreted, is indeed a tale of two very different points of view. It is NOT of any hotel professional's demeanor to berate a guest or challenge them to a fight; I can assure you that this was not the case here. Our first & foremost concern is for our guest's comfort & well being.
I welcome your private feedback Mr. C., and await your email. The staff at Hilton Garden Inn Covington assures you & all readers that I shall handle your concerns in the utmost professional manner.
Liz Beneski
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Had a late check-in. Cody was excellent on my arrival. Beds were absolutely comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good. Cathy was excellent to talk to. Housekeeping was very pleasant to deal with. Check out was a breeze. Loved it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Metairie, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. Friendly staff, nice décor and spacious rooms. Great location and safe for travelers. Very nice outdoor seating area and pool area! Plenty of seating area in dining and lobby available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Do not leave anything in your room. Cleaning crew can NOT be trusted and will steal your items. I stayed and left some jewerly behind. I called a few hours after I left the hotel to notify them. They did not return my call. I called again and they said they did not have my jewerly. I offered a cash reward and they called me back and said they had it. The staff was helpful and mailed the jewerly to me. Once I received it, half of my jewerly was missing. Thank goodness I did not let them clean my room during my stay. Be careful and make sure you have all your belongings. Hotel management does not seem to care that cleaning staff is dishonest.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Biloxi, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have always liked staying at Hilton Garden properties. At this location everyone is efficient and nothing is left to chance. The beds are very comfortable and I don't have to carry my extra memory foam mattress with me. Love it.

Elkins, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This place was overall very nice, with one down side. The mattress was really uncomfortable. It was adjustable but the adjustment took the mattress from super rock hard to sink into soft. There was no way to get it in the middle.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family