“Great Place”

The Chimes Restaurant & Taproom
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Covington
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of three Chimes locations.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My hubby frequients this place on business and we decided to stop for an early dinner on our way back home from vacation. LOVED IT!!!!! The spinich dip was the best I have ever had and I grew up in the industry. Mu hubby had the crabcakes dinner and full of crabmeat and so flavorful. I had the crabcakes as well (appetizer portion) with a side of the Mac and Cheese. I thought I had died and gone to heaven over the Mac and Cheese homemade and with bacon it was the best I ever had even my hubby who is picky on Mac and Cheese his eyes rolled back in his head when he took the first bite.

Service was excellent and the outdoor seating is the bomb overlooks the marshes and walkways out into the marshes. I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I Love this place. I can go by myself and sit at the bar and always find someone to talk to. This is one of my husband and I favorite date night place. I usually get the blackened salmon sandwhich with French fries or waffle fries, my husband get the pasta with blackened salmon. I have tried all the appetizers and the spinach and artichoke with fried pasta(yes pasta) is addictive and wonderful. Warning!!!! If you go on a Saturday when there is a LSU game on be prepared for a long wait because people come to eat and stay for the game. On the plus side of game day dining is the fun crowd.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Good beer selection, ambiance and appetizers. Entrees are just "okay." Nothing great. We only go there for drinks and appetizers. Service is so-so. The deck/patio area is very nice with a great view.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Love the outdoor deck! The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere inviting. Our waitress did a great job attending to us and making recommendations. I had the stuffed mushrooms which were divine! I also tried the seafood lasagna. I have not had this before so I have nothing to compare to but found it pretty good....a little more cheese would have been nice! We took a walk down the boardwalk to the river. That was really nice after our meal! Even got to pet one of the goats! I would love to see this place at night to experience the ambience then. Will definitely go back for another try!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beautiful place to go. They get your cell phone number and text you when your table is ready. We went walking down to the river and waiting time was a lot shorter than they said. The food was really good but my husband only uses thousand island dressing. All of there dressings were home made but he couldn't find one close to thousand island dressing. It is not to hard to make this one. They also had Tobasco sauce and not Louisana hot sauce, he thought this was terrible.