“Amazing food..”

The Chimes Restaurant & Taproom
Ranked #1 of 188 Restaurants in Covington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of three Chimes locations.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is definitely one of my husband as well as mine's favorite restaurants in town. The food is fresh and we've NEVER had anything that wasn't hot and tasted excellent. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone close to this on the Northshore or visiting from out of town. The only con this place has is that on Friday/Saturday nights there ususally is a bit of a wait, but don't hold that against them--it's becuase it's so darn delicious!

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Very nice location (overlooking the river), very clean and open. Service was average for lunch, but the food took a little long considering only the inside seating was being utilized. Food was average, almost and for the price, could hablve been better. I will return.

1  Thank T-Boy123
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It's a very nice looking place with nice views and walkways. It's about as nice a sports bar type atmosphere as you will find in Covington. Lots of room and lots of beer. The service was slow and the food was average taste and quality. I found it to be pricey for what you get. It' appears to me to be a spot for the in crowd to hang out and watch games and drink beer. For that purpose I think it is a success. It might even be considered a good taproom if the service was a little better. As a restaurant, I had rather eat somewhere else. Overall I would give it an average grade.

1  Thank yelir49
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great atmosphere. A little loud on game day but if you like sports it is great. Eat outside or in. Nice walking area on deck out to river area. Safe for kids. Food excellent and beer choices unlimited. Friendly staff.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Talk about mixed reviews!

The one thing that's true about this place is that it is consistently inconsistent, border lining on bad. It's. shame because the place is beautiful. They also have some pretty nice looking waitresses too, but most of them leave much to be desired when it comes to waiting on customers.

This is my third review, I think, and it's not much better than the last.

Starting with the service, our waitress was probably about 21, one of those girls who thinks she's hot but she's not, with an attitude to match. She was so rude you would have thought she was doing us a favor waiting on us.

It would take forever to get our drinks. You would think at a bar/restaurant like Chimes the beer would be flowing pretty good, but at the pace we were going I like we were at an AA meeting. I would have felt completely safe driving a bus load of nuns home because it was literally taking forever to get served. In fact service was so poor I actually went to the bar to get more drinks, came back, we all drank our new drinks, and she still hadn't come back. Then it all made sense. Her shift actually ended while she was waiting on us so there was no motivation there to give any type of service.

Then there was the food. Chimes promotes a full blown oyster bar. There's one problem: they ran out of ice, so they brought us three dozen oysters on a brown tray with zero ice. We also had to wait another couple of minutes for the crackers, horseradish and cocktail sauce.

Too bad because it's pretty much the only game in town for late night drinking and dinning. I would say don't go here, but what else is there to do on the Northshore at 12 midnight? The Barley Oak? Another subpar experience, but that's another review.

1  Thank Jackomoipa