“love the food and the drinks”

The Chimes Restaurant & Taproom
Ranked #1 of 184 Restaurants in Covington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of three Chimes locations.
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have been to all Chimes locations and enjoyed them all. They offer a great menu (love the crab cake sandwich) and an excellent drink selection. There are so many beers on tap....also, try the Diablo. It's a delicious fruit infused tequila. You can have it as a shot, margarita, etc. Highly recommended.

1  Thank skyebreaz

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We were given a gift card. Did not know of the place before
The food and service was xl. A little spicy for some . The wooden structure is nice setting with the river right there

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Good food & service.... wait time can be a liitle long but worth it...they do however have open seating in a section on the back deck... first come first serve...Have been a few times & everything usually pretty good....

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Love their "beer sampler". I think 3 selections to choose from! It's certainly more than enough for one person - my daughter and I usually share. They are served in a rack from juice-type glasses - such a great presentation!

I actually think the food there is good - my family thinks the food is GREAT. I just have a hard time trying to find something not fried...but that is their specialty. The last time we went, I got the turkey burger....it was so much food, I could hardly eat just the meat! Very good choice for me, the others always get the fried seafood platter. They love the large selection of seafood served on the platter...it is good...I've tasted it!

Service is usually good, but not great. Lots of young people as servers, which is not bad, but sometimes they get overwhelmed with the number of tables and/or requests, I think. Also, the openess of the place is beautiful, but allows for all the chatter to roam around the restaurant. It can become VERY loud in there. They have outside seating, which I think is beautiful, but I've never tried it....but will on a cooler evening soon. Overall all, I consider this to be a very good restaurant and WOULD recommend!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Oysters on the half-shell are $4.95 a dozen all day Tuesday and Happy Hour until 7:00 PM the other days. Multiple choices of draft beer at a reduced rate. We make it a point to meet at least once a week.

3  Thank rmbmax