“You will not be disappointed”

Staybridge Suites Covington
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed here for 3 weeks on business. The rooms, the food, the staff... can not say enough good things about them. Rooms and meeting rooms were clean, and the staff went out of their way to make us feel "at home"

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Covington

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently stayed here (for the second time reluctantly). The first time we stayed the rooms were not cleaned on a daily basis (policy was not to clean rooms on the weekends). The bill was running close to $200.00 a night at that time.
Our last visit consisted of an exercise room in which 75% of the equipment was broken, no remote control for the television and the water in the bathroom took over 5 minutes to warm up.
Don't go!!!!!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ed b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear ed b,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. I am pleased that you returned to the hotel but I am sorry that you were not satisfied with both experience. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. Your review will be used to consider needed improvements and we hope that you can give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I love the way the employes remember your name and are very caring. The rooms are all nice. I also enjoy the exercise room, I use it everyday that I am there. The location is perfect for my job, only takes me 5 or 6 minutes to get to work from there.

Room Tip: I have not found a bad one yet, and I stay several times a month!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Stephanie D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

However, while we are pleased with your nice comments, we noticed you reviewed the hotel with only 1 star. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at a Staybridge suites and I have to say I was impressed. The property is very well manicured. Customer service was excellent. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The air conditioner worked great. The complimentary breakfast was just ok but the free cookies at the front desk made up for it, they were delicious! I will definitely be staying at Staybridge properties in the future!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The rooms & services were great, they had hot breakfast & even free evening snack that you could enjoy. The hotel is equipped with (again) "free" laundry services, business center, lounge & a movie rool with large LCD TZ, NICE!!!

The location is relatively close to several places if you are interested in looking something to eat outside, there are waffle house, burger king, subway & more. Gas station are also nearby.

I'll be back there for sure!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed here for a night while traveling across country by car. We were nicely surprised at the rooms size, and they were very well appointed. A large refrigerator, dishwasher, and dishes made it very nice. The $75 pet fee is a bit steep, especially since there weren't pet accommodations outside (poop bag dispensers or receptacles to deposit bags.). This would make a not so responsible pet owner decide not to pick up after their pets, which makes pet-friendly hotels less so. There was a stain on the couch that looked like a dog may have lifted its leg, hopefully the stain was from the cleaner not the pet. Overall a good hotel and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie C
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Overall, this is a very clean, very comfortable hotel. On the positive side, there was plenty of parking, check-in was very friendly and efficient, elevators came quickly, hallways were wide and well maintained, the room was large and clean, and the bed was comfortable. After reading some of the other reviews, I expected some sort of housekeeping problem but - even as I was on the lookout for some sort of deficiency - all public areas, hallways, and every inch of our room was absolutely spotless *. There was very little noise from the adjoining rooms or the hallway. The pool area was very inviting but it was a bit cold for outdoor activities.

If there were any negatives, I might mention the breakfast, although it was free. The serving area quickly got congested with just a handful of diners, and the unusual item I saw on the hot buffet should have been labeled, for reasons of identification and dietary restrictions. On the other hand, the dining area was quite spacious and the furnishings were very comfortable.

Also, be advised that the queen suite that I enjoyed does not have separate living and sleeping areas; so if one person in the room is watching TV, they are for all intents and purposes in basically the very same room as whoever might be sleeping.

Finally, the hotel is not visible from the highway which makes finding it a little awkward upon arrival for the first time.

* Note - the hotel advertises that for extended stays they only provide "light housekeeping" daily and "full housekeeping" once a week...perhaps that was the source of housekeeping complaints in earlier reviews, but as stated above I had no complaint.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple