Overall, this is a very clean, very comfortable hotel. On the positive side, there was plenty of parking, check-in was very friendly and efficient, elevators came quickly, hallways were wide and well maintained, the room was large and clean, and the bed was comfortable. After reading some of the other reviews, I expected some sort of housekeeping problem but - even as I was on the lookout for some sort of deficiency - all public areas, hallways, and every inch of our room was absolutely spotless *. There was very little noise from the adjoining rooms or the hallway. The pool area was very inviting but it was a bit cold for outdoor activities.
If there were any negatives, I might mention the breakfast, although it was free. The serving area quickly got congested with just a handful of diners, and the unusual item I saw on the hot buffet should have been labeled, for reasons of identification and dietary restrictions. On the other hand, the dining area was quite spacious and the furnishings were very comfortable.
Also, be advised that the queen suite that I enjoyed does not have separate living and sleeping areas; so if one person in the room is watching TV, they are for all intents and purposes in basically the very same room as whoever might be sleeping.
Finally, the hotel is not visible from the highway which makes finding it a little awkward upon arrival for the first time.
* Note - the hotel advertises that for extended stays they only provide "light housekeeping" daily and "full housekeeping" once a week...perhaps that was the source of housekeeping complaints in earlier reviews, but as stated above I had no complaint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our upscale residential style hotel with resort like amenities is perfectly located just off of I-12 with easy access to the best that Covington and Mandeville have to offer. Covington is located on the Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain, situated between Slidell and Baton Rouge, and just 35 miles from New Orleans and Louis Armstrong International Airport. In the area for business, we are surrounded by top companies like Chevron, Hornbeck Offshore, PoolCorp, Cleco, Weeks Marine, Diversified Foods & Seasonings, Florida Marine, National Oilwell Varco, Grand Isle Shipyard, Tulane National Primate Research Center, International Paper and Walmart Distribution. We can accommodate your private business meeting or special event. Our 2250 sq.ft conference center is perfect for a large function, but it can also be divided into 3 smaller meeting rooms for smaller functions. The Northshore features and eclectic mix of boutiques, art galleries, specialty shops and delicious restaurants such as John Besh's LaProvence. While visiting, enjoy a cold one while touring the Abita Brewing Company or the Pontchartrain Vineyards & Winery, get up close with some of the exotic wildlife at Global Wildlife Center or Honey Island Swamp. Stroll along the Mandeville Lake Front or through downtown Covington and the Farmers Market. Guest amenities include around-the-clock services, such as complimentary laundry facilities, a fitness center, business center, and The Pantry sundry store. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Covington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Covington Hotel Covington