Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Gainesville, Georgia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very comfortable, clean and convenient. Four adults stayed in a suite and there was plenty of room. Welcoming staff with treats on check-in. Breakfast in the morning was very good. A great value for dollar.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CountryCovMgr, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear DadimaK,

Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad the suite worked out nicely for your group, and that you had a comfortable stay. I’m also so glad that you recognized the great value. Thank you very much, and I hope we will see you again!

Take Care,
Assistant GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

First of all, I have never stayed in a Country Inn. From the moment we pulled up, it looked cozy & homey. Cookies at the front counter and sugarless gum for those that maybe could not have the cookie (or for those wanting both).

Check in was fast & easy. Our room was very nice and super clean as was the whole place. The pool was WAY too cold for me, but the pool and area were also in great shape. We used the hot tub.

We stayed here for the one night before heading into New Orleans. I woke up in the morning ready to start a fantastic day and walked outside to a flat tire! No spare :(

I went in, to the front desk to ask if there was a gas station local where I could get fix a flat to use until I could get a repair. I was very upset because we were on a major time crunch. The whole reason for our trip was something just over an our away & I had no way to drive there until this was fixed.

Both Laretta behind the counter & the very sweet woman who was working in the breakfast area (so sorry I did not get her name) told me relax no worries, they would help me because "you are in the south, and we take care of each other here".

These ladies were true to their word. A big hug, a ride to the gas station and directions to a great local place where I could get my tired fixed quickly along with reassurances that all would be well.

Typed words cannot express how wonderful these ladies were and they totally helped turn my day around. They showed my child that simple acts of kindness can really make a difference. One of the ladies even sat with my daughter while she ate breakfast so she could sit, relax and eat while I was getting info.

2 days later, french quarter fest was a little too hustle & bustle for my daughter and she asked to drive back over the causeway to stay here because it was a place she was familiar with and comfortable in. There were different people working this time, and thankfully we had no more big issues but the girl behind the counter was again, wonderful & friendly. She helped us find something to pack our lunch in for the next long drive ahead and really proved that the staff at this hotel take guest needs seriously.

I am fortunate enough to travel quite a bit and this was one of the best experiences we have had. We will stay there again if in the area and will seek out Country Inns again in hopes that they are as great as this one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear travelingclark,

Wow, your comments brought tears to my eyes! We are so blessed to have a genuinely caring staff, and it was so nice to hear about it through your comments. I’m so happy that we were able to help you avoid a night mare. It would have been so sad to miss what you came to town for! Thank you so very much for sharing! :)

Best Wishes,
LaPlace, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in a double suite at the Country Inn & Suites for my cousin's wedding this past weekend. The two rooms in the suite were spacious! There were five of us in the suite and more than enough room. The beds were comfortable, it was clean and just a pleasant experience. We took advantage of the free breakfast, and it was delicious! I was pleased to see that the staff kept everything stocked even when the breakfast was about to end. You can tell that they really care about their guests. Not only was the breakfast good, but the dining area was really quaint and nice with spacious sofas and chairs along with the tables. We enjoyed it and will be back when the next cousin gets married in 2015! Thank you for a pleasant hotel experience!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank acraphiel
Dear acraphiel,

How wonderful that you enjoyed your stay, and that you will be back for the 2015 wedding. We actually specialize in having wedding groups with us; it’s just a perfect set up. Thanks so much for the compliments. You are right, our staff really does care about our guests! :)

Enjoy your day!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had a great experience at this hotel. The staff was super nice, the rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. Also, the continental breakfast was awesome! Hot breakfast including eggs, sausage and waffles and that's not including the assortment of cereals, etc. The lady maintaining the breakfast area even served us when she brought out fresh items. Again, super nice staff. This hotel is also close to a Waffle House and other eateries, which was great considering we arrived close to midnight. Straight 40 minute shot to New Orleans, be sure to bring $2 to pay for the cross the bridge. It does not cost to come back over. We wanted to stay in New Orleans but so glad we ended up here. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank gg1213
Dear gg1213,

How nice of you…we are so pleased you found us and had a great experience! Thanks for commenting on hotel and our staff. I will certainly pass along your nice comments. We look forward to your next visit with us!

LOUISIANA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Loved this very clean, very modern hotel. The room was lovely, the breakfast very delish and the service was great! They even have a library with books to read in the beautiful living room area as well as a fireplace. I would definitely stay here again! Great prices also.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kakiLouisiana
Dear kakiLouisiana,

We are so glad you were pleased with your stay. The lending library is a treat for our readers. And, our board games and Wii System is great for the game players. Thank you so much for staying with us! It’s a treat to be of service to kind people like you.

Have a great day!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This property is a decent choice if you are staying in the area. It is convenient to downtown Covington and is about 30-40 minutes from New Orleans. Rooms were clean and spacious. Basic continental breakfast offered daily.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank beerstl
Dear beerstl,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. You are correct, our location is great, just off I-12, and we are close to numerous great restaurants and shopping opportunities, and walking distance to the New Movie Tavern! I hope you enjoyed your breakfast. Our hot breakfast buffet has a rotating menu for variety.

Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

My brother got married in NOLA and we wanted to stay in a quieter place. This was perfect! Kathy and Evelyn were sweet ladies and the staff kept the hotel perfect. We felt the area was safe for our family and enjoyed out stay. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ssedson
Dear Shannon E,

We are so glad you were able to visit New Orleans and the Northshore area during your brother’s wedding. Thank you so much on your comments for Evelyn & Kathi, I will be sure to share with them. All of our staff are wonderful. They all love their jobs and it shows to each and every guest. I hope you can visit us in the future!

Take Care,