Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Quebec City, Canada
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went to Covington for professional purpose. We were 3 and rent a suite with 2 rooms (3 beds) and 2 bathrooms. It was clean, modern, spacious. The personnel was helpful, the breakfast buffet was OK, the pool was nice. No complaints!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBWCIS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
What a nice review. Thank you for your comments about our property. We are so happy you enjoyed the pool area. We have a salt water pool, whirlpool and pool toys for the kids. We hope to see you again when business brings you back to the Covington, LA area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

When I 1st arrived, I was greeted by Ms Blair @ the front desk. She welcomed me to Country Inn and also to the Covington, La area. She advised me of the promotion offered by Carlson and took time out 2 explain it. She was very friendly. During the duration of my stay, while having breakfast, I was assisted by Ms Evelyn, who worked in the kitchen, with preparing my breakfast. Prior 2 sitting down @ my table, Ms Evelyn thoroughly cleaned my table and chair and made me comfortable. On the day of my departure, I was in the process of checking out and was assisted, again, by Ms Blair. She was friendly and remembered my name prior 2 looking up my information. I would recommend this location to anyone and everyone because of the friendly environment displayed by the employees plus the atmosphere and cleaniness of the facility. I love this COUNTRY called Country Inn !!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Hi Mr. Turner! Thank you for kind comments about out hotel and staff :) We are so glad your group was able to stay with us and hopefully we can see you again when the conference is in the Covington, LA area. Thanks again.
Pride, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel is well kept, beds are comfy and free breakfast is great. They have books, board games and even a wii, all free to use! the staff was wonderful they were all very helpful and always had a smile.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you your comments. We really enjoyed having your ball team here with us. I remember your name. I hope the boys had a great time! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again for next year’s world series! Thanks again for taking the time to comment.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I have no complaints. Staff was wonderful. Rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast offered a variety of items. Pool area was up to date. Would definitely stay here next visit. Located near restaurants just off of I-12.

• Stayed June 2013
ManagerBWCIS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments! We have a wide variety of breakfast items including freshly made waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereal, grits, eggs, fresh fruit, yogurt parfait and much more. The best part of our breakfast is that is a rotating menu so if you stay more than one night you can get a different breakfast each morning of the week. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Country Inn & Suites, Covington, LA.
Snohomish, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a good choice for lodging situated about halfway between downtown Covington and Mandeville. This was my second stay at this hotel within a year's time and, fortunately, I was able to relive the positive experience of my previous visit during this stay. For those who don't know, the Country Inns & Suites is part of the same parent organization that owns the Radisson Hotel chain, Park Inn chain and other brands. This particular hotel is located just off North Hwy. 190 on a quiet side street. Unless you’re familiar with the area, make sure you have good driving directions to the hotel when coming from the south because the name of the street on which the hotel is located is not visible at the intersection where you need to turn off the highway. Overall, the hotel’s appearance, both in and out, is similar to that of other hotels in the Country Inns & Suites chain as well as that of some of its competitors. However, this particular hotel is well-maintained and is of fairly recent construction. We had a room with a comfortable "King" bed on the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot. The room was fairly large and adequately furnished in typical motel décor but with the addition of a desk suitable for business travelers needing to use their computers or take care of paperwork. The bathrooms are not very big but are suitably equipped and clean. The services proffered and rendered are typical for this type and level of hotel. One nice additional feature of this hotel was the rather attractive combination reading room and library with fireplace situated just off from the lobby adjacent to the breakfast room. Guests had the opportunity of borrowing books to read during their stay - free of charge. The positives are that the guest rooms are clean and the staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast fare involves a reasonable selection of hot & cold items which are best-described as simple, palatable and relatively better than the breakfast items found at certain other hotel chains. Though there is no dining facility for lunch or dinner within the hotel, there are numerous dining options nearby and some can be reached by simply walking to them. However, if crossing the highway on foot do so at an intersection controlled by a stoplight rather than somewhere in between because the road traffic moves fast and can be intimidating if not outright dangerous. There is nothing really picturesque about the surrounding neighborhood which is comprised mainly of retail stores, shopping centers, strip malls, fast food outlets, restaurants, hotels/motels and business parks interspersed with residential tracts and some wooded areas. Be advised that the rooms on the hotel's front (west) side overlook the hotel parking lot and neighboring hotel (Staybridge Suites) while those on the back (east) side face a neighboring hotel (Super 8 Motel) which means there are no “rooms with a view.” One final factor to consider is the room tariff charged by this hotel. Though I had a discounted rate for my stay, a review of the hotel's regular rates using either Country Inns & Suites’ own website or other online hotel-booking websites shows their rates to be competitive with that of other hotels and motels in the area. After all this positive commentary one may naturally wonder: what are the negatives? There are none per se. An issue for some people may be the low-level, ambient hum extant in the room at times from the HVAC system within the room which could make sleeping troublesome for light sleepers or people travelling from other time zones. But, of course, this issue is not unique to the Country Inns & Suites and will apply to many other hotels. Also, I wish that the designated, outdoor smoking area be located somewhere else than directly outside the lobby entrance. As a non-smoker, I found it both unappealing and uninviting to encounter smokers lighting up and exhaling while entering/exiting the hotel – stated simply, it just isn’t classy and detracts from the aesthetics of the entryway facade. In conclusion I do recommend this Country Inns & Suites hotel in Covington. I have stayed at other hotels in the immediate area including the Courtyard By Marriott and Holiday Inn (now Clarion Hotel) but I think this hotel proffers better quality and facilities than some of the other hotels and motels in the area and it appears to be fairly-priced, well-kept and clean – the latter aspect being an important attribute relative to some of the other lodging chains in their peer group.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank bjaune
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to deliver such a thorough review of our hotel. Wow! I am speechless. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Not one complaint. Kathy, the front desk lady was very friendly and helpful, and always wore a beautiful smile. Room was really clean, even the bathtub looked brand new. The pool area was very relaxing and well kept. Even the breakfast was on point. Will definitely stay here again, one of the best hotel experiences ive had in a while, at an excellent price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your time visiting and glad Kathi was such a big help. She loves her job here and it definitely shows. I shared your comments with her and she really appreciated them. We are so glad you noticed also what an excellent housekeeping staff we have. We hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again!
Ponchatoula, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

One of the Best Staffs that I have EVER SEEN at a hotel...and I use to be a GM at a hotel.

The overall appearance of the hotel is inviting and makes it almost feel as if your staying with family or at a friends house. The Beds were some of the most comfortable mattress I have sleep on in the hotel industry.

Breakfast every morning was great and the kids loved the pool.

We used this hotel as alittle staycation for the kids and they had a blast so much so that we extended another night!!

I will recommend this hotel to ANYONE having to stay in the Northshore area and will be staying there again myself in the future!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such the big compliments! We are happy you and your family enjoyed your "staycation" with us. We receive a lot of comments about our hotel feeling like home and we are so glad your family had that feeling when staying with us. I hope your children were able to play the Wii or board games we have in the lobby, and use our new pool toys! Thanks again for the thoughtful comments. We hope to see you again when in the Covington, LA area