“Very Consistent,Great Staff and Clean,comfortable rooms..”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stay at this property whenever in Covington,I also stay here when in Neworleans for business.Great staff,clean rooms,great breakfast selection,lobby is inviting and homey.
Highly reccomend this property.

Room Tip: Use the Country Inn website,AAA rates are the best
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ManagerBWCIS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thanks for being such a loyal guest! We really appreciate you choosing us when on the northshore of New Orleans. We are always striving for customer satisfaction, so it is always good to hear that we are not disappointing! Thanks again! We are looking forward to having you with us in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is a very nice, clean and comfortable hotel. It's not too far off the highway. The staff was all extremely friendly, polite and helpful. The star for us was the breakfast and the wonderful woman who prepares it. We thought it was the best motel breakfast ever; she's a good cook and fun to visit with.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 52cali
ManagerBWCovington, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Covington, LA, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The breakfast attendant, Ms. Evelyn, is wonderful! She goes above and beyond for all of our guests and makes each feel at home. We take pride in our breakfast and our wonderful staff so thanks so much for noticing and taking the time to let other travelers know about your experience. I will share your comments with Ms. Evelyn! Thanks again :)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I recently stayed at Country Inn & Suites for a retreat. It is in a beautiful and easy to find location The staff was very courteous and helpful. My room was clean, neat and comfortable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for recommending us! We take pride in our clean rooms and our welcoming staff. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for staying at the Country Inn & Suites, Covington, LA and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We absolutely loved staying at the Country Inn & Suites in Covington. We were there for a sad occasion, a funeral, but your staff made our stay as enjoyable as it could possibly be. They were
always in a good mood and upbeat and made sure we were comfortable. Not only did you have
"Happy Hour" but you served a meal. (baked chicken and vegetables). And for breakfast it was
like eating at the cracker barrel. Everything you could possibly want. The girl at the front desk
was so helpful in giving us directions to the church and back and the next morning she showed
me how to get back on the interstate for our trip home including taking a cookie and a health
bar with us. There were no stones unturned. Thanks for a great experience.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor but I am sure any room would be good. The staff helped make our trip en...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

We are so sorry you had to come visit us on such a sad occasion. We are glad we were able to make your trip comfortable and somewhat enjoyable considering the circumstances. Thank you so much for commenting about your stay with us and we hope you can visit us again in the future under different circumstances.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

While traveling from Dallas to Miami we were looking for a place to hunker down for the night because my friend and driver (I don't have a driver's license) needed some rest after 8 hrs or so behind the wheel.
We came upon some hotels in Covington and after checking a few options we pulled in the Country Inn&Suites in a "let's try this one" attempt.
Just a hunch but when we went to check on rates the very nice lady behind the desk even offered us a room downstairs and a handicapped parking spot neat the entrance. I am partially disabled (hence no driver's license) and the rental car did not come with such a permit to hang from the rear view mirror. But that was no problem she said, the car is safe there.
Upon entering the room I was expecting the damp smell you encounter in most road hotels but I was pleasantly surprised. No such odor was present but it smelled fresh. The beds were very clean and neatly made. It was a little too cold for my liking but for any other person I'm sure it was fine. I just hate the cold and any temperature below 73 shuts down my comfort zone. The beds were great and my poor back did not bother me a bit after 4 hours of sleep. Since the lady had mentioned breakfast with pastries and such the night before my friend and chauffeur suggested to catch some before hitting the road. I said "sure, but don't expect too much".
Boy, was I wrong.
Upon entering the breakfast room I saw and abundance of servings, things you get in the "better" hotels, cereals, bagels and what not. I noticed some people eating Belgian waffles and I decided i'd have one too. To my astonishment I found an actual hot waffle iron with some batter in a cup for one next to it waiting for me. How much fresher can it get than baking your own on the spot?
I devoured it with some fresh cut fruit and it was the perfect start for a good day in good humor.The batter was good as if I had made it myself. I'm originally from Belgium and know a thing or two about waffles so I know what I'm talking about. It was good, period.
Our stay at this hotel was a great experience and $109 for a double room for one night was more than worth it. Country Inn &Suites gained a new enthusiastic customer and the next time I travel by car this is the hotel I'll be including in the trip itinerary so I can use the rewards card the lady gave me upon checking out. This is what makes traveling by road enjoyable and I can definitely recommend it to any traveler in this neck of the woods. Comfort, Convenience,Service sums it up I think. Don't pass it by when traveling through Covington and need a place to rest. You will not regret it. I didn't.

Room Tip: We were given a room close to the hallway and the handicapped parking spot so I would trust the lady...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Wow! What a nice comment! We like to hear when guests are pleasantly surprised about their stay with us. A lot of guests do not realize that we have a free hot breakfast buffet each morning with a variety of menu options for each day, so we don't serve the same things in a row. Our breakfast is definitely far from the average hotel "continental breakfast." We offer a variety including scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, oatmeal, omelets, cereal and much more. I really enjoyed reading your comments and shared it with my staff. Thank You!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I travel the state of Louisiana almost every month, mostly to the New Orleans area and when possible I try my best to end my meetings so I can stay in Covington at Country Inn & Suites. The staff recognizes you when you enter the lobby calling by name. As a female on the roads today it is nice to feel safe and I do each time I stay at this facility. I like staying at this facility so much that on a recent trip for a family matter we stayed here. Thanks for taking care of me while away from home!

Room Tip: Staying close to the little restaurant is great. You wake up in the mornings smelling the coffee an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for being a loyal guest here at the Country Inn & Suites, Covington, LA. We value you as our customer, and are so happy to hear how pleased you are. Safety is a number one priority here, and our hotel is perfect for the female traveler (males too!) We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Everything about Country Inn in Covington was wonderful! Great breakfast, cookies (kids loved them!), clean rooms, comfortable beds, ample space in the Queen suite, and most importantly, outstanding customer service!! I would recommend to anyone and we will be staying again on our visit next year!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you! It is so nice to hear guests commenting about how much they enjoyed their stay with us. Our 24/7 fresh baked cookies are a hit with the kids (and adults too!). We always have a variety available along with a milk machine with fresh cold milk and fresh hot coffee/teas/hot cocoa around the clock. Hope to see you again next year!