“Educational Entertainment at its best!”

Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Covington
More attraction details
Owner description: Things to do in Covington or New Orleans, LA
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had planned on a swamp tour on our trip but it was mating season so we only saw a handful of alligators. We decided to take our girls (ages 4-16) to this alligator ranch. WOW! This was an educational and very fun trip. Jim was hilarious; yet very knowledgeable and was excellent with children. The $5 additional charge for handling the babies was well worth it. We learned the difference between alligators and crocodiles They showed educational videos of the egg collecting process and facts about the ranching process; as well as, the importance of conservation. During the fall there is opportunities to witness the alligators hatching. Wouldn't that be an amazing experience? I'm so glad we took the time visit the Insta-Gator Ranch, it was time and money well spent.

1  Thank gina s
"family including"
"life cycle"
"his friends"

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place was not on the itinerary for my road trip with my 9-year-old son, but he saw the brochure at one of the Louisiana Visitor Centers and asked if we could go... So I made a reservation and we went.

I'm so glad we did. It was entertaining, educational, and fun, and it turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip. You get to feed the alligators (marshmallows, who knew?) and then watch as the guide feeds one mouse to them, so you can see how they eat critters in the wild. Perhaps a bit macabre for more sensitive people, but I thought it was quite educational.

Our guide was funny and entertaining. Everyone got to touch an alligator, and we paid the extra money to take a photo with a 4-foot-long gator, which my son thought was totally awesome!

I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank ethansmom66
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just returned home after a visit to Louisiana and to the Insta-Gator Ranch and Hatchery in Covington. What great fun! We learned a great deal about alligators, the difference between an alligator ranch and an alligator farm, and so much more! While the visit was a bit pricey, I paid the extra $5/person to play with the baby gators. How awesome! My husband and I and our youngest boys (14 and 8) had so much fun catching the babies. I would definitely do this again and pay the $5/person to play with the babies. I highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank Midwife6272
Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you have never been to a gator ranch and were curious about gator ranching - this is for you. They offered some educational videos and allow you to walk around the hundreds of gators.

1  Thank NolaBoy