“alligators”

Owner description: Things to do in Covington or New Orleans, LA
Covington, Louisiana
“alligators”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

like the surrounding area around it. Gives you a chance to look on them and study them for awhile. and watch them eat in a safe enviroment

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great birthday present!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I know, an alligator ranch does not seem the place for a great review. But this group is friendly, informative, and fun ~ and the alligator hatching for my birthday way a hoot! If you are anywhere close, this is worth a visit: we took 4 children ranging from 6 to 14, and all seemed to have a pretty good time (just don't expect anyting fancy!).

Seattle Area
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Hissing Alligators”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

My 10 year old daughter loves all sorts of creepy, crawly things that may not appeal to an adult. Her favorite channel is Animal Planet. When she grows up, she wants to be an animal explorer. With that in mind, we went to Insta-Gator solely for her. In no way did we think that my mom (in her 70s) would enjoy it. It was a pleasant surprise. Jim, the man who took our group through Insta-Gator could have performed as a comedian or theater actor. He was very animated and entertaining. He covered all sorts of gator facts... which my daughter is still repeating... from which way their eggs must face... to size... to millions of years of history. We did everything, which included the educational portion, a short video, watching their gators eat (oh, yes, you are in for a surprise), taking a photo, and holding the young gators. I would not have imagined all of the adults being so fascinated by alligators. When you walk through the ranch, the gators hiss! They have a baby gator pool where you can hold them. I have never felt anything like an alligator. Some areas were soft like a snake. Some areas felt like glass tiles. Then, they had some hard, pointed sections similar to turtles. During our visit in April, the temperature was great. My friend had been in August and said it was hot. If you have kids that are interested in learning about alligators, this is a great place.The gift shop is quite tempting. My daughter managed to get my best friend to buy her a pretty beaded bracelet with an alligator charm... prior to getting me to buy her a Schleich gator figure and some tiny gators. If you are looking to save money, I would skip the photo. They let you take your own pictures for free. You could skip the gift shop. I would not miss the part where you get to pick up the baby gators from their pool. It was well worth it.

Visited April 2012
sacramento,ca
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Got to go for egg hatching!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Overall, we had a great time here. Only drawback was too many obnoxious children on our tour talking and making so much noise you couldn't hear at times! They need an adults only tour group! Anyway, the main tour is interesting enough, but the real draw is the egg hatching tour. You need to pay extra for this and reserve ahead of time, or it can be full by the time you get there. We were massively disappointed in our swamp tour but this made up for it.

They have some interesting exhibits and explain to you the collection and raising process for the gators. And no, THIS IS NOT A ZOO! It's a ranch, the majority of gators here are raised for skin and meat. Where do you think all those tasty little gator bites come from?! Just like a cattle ranch, they are raised for a reason. So if you're horrified by the idea of raising animals for slaughter or telling your children what the ultimate fate of those gators is, then this place is not for you. But if you want to see gators close up and especially hatch them, then it's pretty fun (but not cheap)!

Granger, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Great place for familes and very informative and fun!

Visited April 2012