“Home away from home”

Residence Inn New Orleans Covington/North Shore
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in total at start and end of visiting family in Covington and onward journey to Florida. Can't praise this lovely hotel highly enough.

Rooms extremely spacious (we stayed in a two-bed suite) and spotlessly clean.

Convenient location, not difficult to locate at all!

Stayed in 4/5 star hotel in Florida and it wasn't a patch on this little gem in Covington!

• Stayed: June 2012
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn New Orleans Covington/North Shore

Reviewed August 8, 2012

A nice hotel back off road. Nice grassy areas for pets ($75 pet chg). Not as detail clean as we expect at Residence Inn. Mold along bathtub, ledges and baseboards built up dust, carpet our room frayed and spots. Good staff, quiet, nice grounds. Comfy bed. Other than detail clean, std for Residence Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here with the kiddos on the way during a family vacation. The property is clean and the staff was courteous and friendly.

As for those who said it's hidden... It is off the main road but it's not hard to find.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I had a total of 11 rooms at this hotel just last weekend for my son's wedding and I can not express how happy we are with every single thing about this hotel. It is spotless clean, breakfast was great, pool area was fantastic and the every single person who works at this hotel was so friendly and caring. As for the rooms (suites) I can not go on enough about how beautiful and comfortable they are. We had studio's, one bedroom's and even an ADA room and they were all perfect. The location is perfect too. This hotel is close to all kinds of restaurants both chains and local places. I even did laundry at this hotel and it was great because there were lots of washers and dryers. Highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Our weekend get away was great. We arrived Friday night around 11am after some Jazzfest activities in New Orleans that night. The room layout and decor was impressive. Saturday morning we enjoyed a very good complimentary breakfast. Unfortunately, after spending the entire day Saturday at Jazzfest we were prepared to return to a clean room. Imagine our disappointment to arrive to a room that was never touched by housekeeping. I called the front desk, reported the problem and was brought up some clean linens. On Sunday morning I went to the front desk and the Operations Supervisor was gracious and waived our fees for Saturday night. I will visit the hotel again but this problem did keep me from giving the hotel an overall rating of a 4 versus a 5. Also, I didn't like the fact that when I went to the elevator one of the guests was returning from walking two of his dogs. The dogs saw me and came bouncing around me very friskly. I understand a pet friendly atmosphere but I think that certain rooms/certain floors should be reserved for pet owners. The thought of me laying on a pillow that "Little FeFe" relieved herself on is a bit to much.

Room Tip: Request a floor with no pets if you are not too pet friendly.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charliegirl1970
Reviewed May 9, 2012

A quick weekend get-away to New Orleans was hard to put together because everything was expensive or sold out over Jazz Fest! Silly me, I should have known. So I expanded my search a bit more and found this great (shhhh, it's a secret) little Residence Inn in Covington. Yes, I had to drive the Causeway each day but who cares. The hotel was spotless. We had a very large 2-bedroom suite which we were upgraded to. The pool was great for our kids. Towels and linens were newer and far from the "thread-bare" I often encounter at less expensive hotels. The bed was comfortable and clean. The only only tick off would have been that the coffee service was not replaced daily. Then again, the lounge was only a short walk and I could have all the freshly brewed coffee I could drink.
As with any extended stay chain, there are people living at the hotel, as well as weekend guests. The staff treated them like old friends and us like new friends. So if you do not mind the drive into the city (beautiful drive) and want to be away from the craziness of New Orleans nightlife, stay out here. There are plenty of places to eat and shop. I even found a local oyster bar just up the road. Yeah for our get-away to my favorite New Orleans.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JulesfromIowa
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Spent one night at this property. I was very impressed with the property. The hotel is right on the main street with all of the action of this small city north of New Orleans. It is located approximately 1/4 mile off of the street, so you don't know that you are in the middle of the action. It is very homey. Even though I had a studio suite, it was perfect for my one night stay. It was large enough and very comfortable. The room was tastefuly decorated and felt more like an apartment than a hotel room. We could not hear noise from the hallway or the other suites. It was the refreshing stay that I needed to re-engergize from a long week.

I was in the area for strickly pleasure and chose this property. So glad I did.

The king size bed was VERY comfortable.

Can't say enough about the cleaniness of the hotel. From the minute you drive up on the property you can tell that it is well maintained. To see maintenance mopping the floor at 9 o'clock at night because it appeared that some kids came through the lobby from the pool and dripped water on the floor was impressive .

Breakfast was also a pleasant surprise. The selections were good and the food was prepared with a taste. The only complaint was that the fruit did not look appealing. It seemed to be left over from Friday. This was on Saturday morning. Other than that the choices of scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, french toast, waffles made hot by each guest with all of the toppings, bagels, toast, yogurt, juices, coffee, tea, and danishes made the complimentary breakfast a great choice.

Check out was smooth. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family visiting the northern new orleans area.

In addition to Wal-Mart being less than a mile away, there is plenty of shopping at various stores. Seafood and family dining restaurants are everywhere. Just pick one. I was impressed with all that this area has to offer. It appeared to be a very safe area. I would not feel uncomfortable being at this hotel or this area alone.

I loved it and hopefully will be able to go back to this area in the future. Thanks Residence Inn for getting it "right"!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple