“Worth a Pilgrimage!”
Review of Grayson Barbeque

Grayson Barbeque
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Clarence
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I am picky about Barbecue. I am not fanatic and I appreciate the different "directions" barbecue can take. This barbecue is AWESOME. We both had chopped on home made buns. The meat was flavorful and just smoky enough. There was minimal sauce and it was not too sweet. The sauce had a vinegar base with just the right balance of sweet and sour. This was right up there with some of the best barbecue I have had. The potato salad was good. The only (small) disappointment was that we were there on Wednesday. They make Pecan Pie on Thursday. So we didn't get our pecan pie.

1  Thank bureaucrat377
There are newer reviews for Grayson Barbeque

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place is literally located in the middle of nowhere. During fieldwork my co-workers and myself happened upon this gem. Everyone was pleased with their meals and we have since been back multiple times. I ordered the sliced brisket on a homemade roll (it is only 10 cents more than the store bought bun). It is a la carte and the sides are also really good. The beans were not exactly my style, but the potato salad was great. The BBQ is served with a house BBQ sauce that is just amazing. I have a predilection for the mustard based sauce, however, this sauce is spot on. My only problem with this place is that all drinks are canned. What kind of BBQ joint doesn't have Sweet Tea?

1  Thank Dirt_Beast
Reviewed November 15, 2013

A good ham is hard to come by these days. My son was going to school at Northwestern in Natchitoches many years ago. When he came home as a freshman for Thanksgiving he brought a Grayson's ham home with him. For Thanksgiving we had, as usual, more food than any other meal all year long. Everyone brought their speciality, from oysters "mosca"(fresh shucked from Baritaria Bay, to desserts with real edible gold leaf on top. Everyone's favorite, yes the ham. Needless to say, every year when planning our Thanksgiving feast, everyone wants to make sure someone is taking care of ordering "the ham". The best part of being in charge of it is you get to bring the leftover home. The heck with leftover turkey!

1  Thank Kevin G
Reviewed October 19, 2013

When my husband's Uncle died his work gave him a ham from Graysons. Best ham we have ever had. Could not stop nibbling. Brought some to work and everybody wanted some and wanted me to bring more. Am ordering another for Thanksgiving and Christmas The bone is the best thing for making beans. Hope they are around for quite a few more years. Best ever. Quite a few of our governors would fly a helicopter there to get their sandwiches.

3  Thank Annette M
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you want a chip sandwich on a homemade bun, ribs cut as singles, ham, or beef....you will likely be happy. Extras are beans and potato salad, chips in a bag, and can drinks.....don't expect more regarding food or drink and you will be ok. If a 50 year old dive atmosphere bothers you, drive on by......if you think this adds character, you found the spot to get some good no frills BBQ.

1  Thank David_2013834