“Great Stay and great staff”

Best Western Plus Chalmette Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chalmette
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed at the Best Western Plus in Chalmette, LA for 25 nights this past September and I had another 30 rooms booked for other guests and clients. Everyone commented on how nice of a hotel it was and that the accomodations were fantastic. Mr. Watanapa is an excellent manager, with a fantastic staff that includes Paige, Melanie and several other front end employees. Overall a great expieriece and am already planning my stay for next year. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Chalmette or south eastern part of New Orleans area. Again, a fantastic stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 3, 2013

On the morning of October 1, 2013 I was off to work so I came down for breakfast it was Appomattox 5:05 am and there were no sausage cooked just some eggs and not even enough of them so I asked the lady who was back there were was the sausages and she said im not the breakfast person why you asking me I work front desk so I asked her her name so I could talk to the manager and what she did next was some rude she took of her name tag and walked away saying I should have went to the waffle house if I wanted breakfast so I had to wait until 6am for the nice tall red lady to come just to get a piece of meat from a hotel I pay to stay at so glad I was smart enough to get her name before asking so if you ever stay at the Best Western plus Chalmette hotel never and I mean never ask Ms.INDIA for breakfast very mean and rude...

Room Tip: Never ask Ms.India for breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

bad breakfast, bad staff, no swimming pool. the staff were the most unhelpful people I have ever ran into excluding the maintenance man who was knowledgeable about the area. the rest of them had no clue about retail stores, restaurants or local favorites. the continental breakfast was sub-par. they ran out of several items and on some mornings they might bring out more after half an hour. my wife and I visited in mid-September and you know the temperatures were in the high 80's. to me this is ideal swimming pool weather. not so with this bunch of a-holes. they close the pool down on labor day. we stayed at three other motels on this trip and they all had their pools open. on top of it all, to get to this location you will travel thru some of the scariest slums in the new Orleans area when I checked into this place I mentioned this to the desk clerk and she said "everything is OK if you don't stop.. if you are only looking for clean, this the place for you. I look for a lot more than just clean

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband has been staying here weekly because he works in the area. This week I booked his room on Sunday. He was up all night with a stomach virus (I'll spare the details) and ended up calling in sick to work - a very rare occurrence. When I called the hotel to plead his case and let them know he would likely be in Tues. They informed me that they couldn't cancel his room since we booked online and it was past the time per the cancellation policy - try calling the online number. I ended up with customer care and they contacted the mgr directly. Here is where I have my first problem. The mgr lied saying he had been turning down reservations for this room type all night. How do I know he lied? I had no trouble pulling up the room online to book for that night. The conclusion was that we would be charged for one night stay and could get a discounted rate when we re-book. As if. They just lost our weekly business. And to top it off, I just checked our account and they charged us more than what our room rate was for the night. To make it clear, totally get that we were outside the cancellation policy timeframe (a whole other issue), but had really hoped that they would work with a loyal guest...now they lost 2 night's business to save 1.

• Stayed: September 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The check in was very nice, very friendly clerk. The hotel room was very clean and nice. smelled really clean. The breakfast was very good as well. I really enjoyed my stay and plan to stay again when I go visit my family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Nasty!!! Although the hotel looked ok from the outdide, the rooms were not. After arriving in my room I pulled back the covers on one of the beds & found several hairs. It was clear that the bed sheets had not been changed. I went to front desk & notified the clerk who told me she would put us in another room so that room could be cleaned. Upon entering the second room I pulled back the covers to find the sheets have stains & the pillow cases had what looks like make up on them. Both of the comforters have stains on them. The room has dust everywhere. The headboards are very dirty & the lotion bottle in the bathroom has been used. It was left only half full for the next person! I can't believe they charge people to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank bchbb
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Overall the hotel was clean and nicely furnished. My complaint is that I paid ahead through Hotwire and when I checked in, they billed my card a 2nd time. I was there 2 days and both days spoke to the front desk and they were handling it and assured me I'd get a refund. So, I'm home 3 days now and no refund yet. Instead, I see today that they deducted another $2 which was for some alkaseltzer I purchased. No problem taking my money...even the lousy $2...but why does it always take days, if not weeks, to get your money back???? Credit cards work BOTH WAYS!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chalmette
Algiers
Comfort Suites New Orleans
#107 of 167 in New Orleans
Marina Motel
#2 of 4 in Chalmette

Been to Best Western Plus Chalmette Hotel? Share your experiences!