Best Western Plus Chalmette Hotel
Marina Motel(Chalmette)(Great Value!)
$99
$95
Priceline
Federal City Inn & Suites(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotels.com
$71
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
The Frenchmen Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswinn dixie grocery storenew orleansfrench quartershort drivegreat hotelclean roomsstay there againmardi grasexcellent stayfree breakfastparishbwlouisianamicrowavequarterselevatordesk
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed two nights for a dance competition. First, I was assigned a room different from what I booked. The clerk was rude and informed me I obviously had no idea what I had booked (I had a copy of the reservation with the correct room request.) Then, the clerk lied to me about the room's location. The room had a stale stench. The in room phones were unusable due to static. The WiFi was out and the only response was to call the 800 number. The attendant on the 800 number said there was a problem at the hotel. The clerk refused to do anything. When the overnight clerk arrived, I spoke with her and she fixed the WiFi. This is the only hotel in Chalmette so it is the only option. But the place is really going down fast. This is our fifth or sixth stay at this hotel. Each stay has been worse!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in the past recently and have not had any problems before. I had just checked into my room and as I was unpacking a person who looked to be an employee just came into my room claiming he was looking for his wallet he lost. He did not knock and if not for wearing his what looked like a maintence uniform I would have thought someone was breaking into my room. He did apoligize but I reported it to the front desk and they told me the manager would contact me but never did. I also can't understand how a hotel that 3 months ago was 55.00 a night now all of a sudden it's a 100 a night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is a $25 cab ride from town. We stayed here because it was a good rate - all hotels in town were heavily booked because of a conference,. Mr Wong, the General Manager is really helpful. Breakfast is included but is terrible.The best thing about this hotel is Mr WONG,

Room Tip: Mr Wong the general manager is very helpful. The hotel is a $25 cab ride to town. the breakfast is included but not very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marilynpurnell
Reviewed March 14, 2013

If you are not comfortable with staying in downtown NOLA with a family of young children, this is a great alternative. It is new, clean, and safe. There's a grocery store next door and plenty of fast food nearby. There are a few Chinese restaurants and an IHOP for casual dining nearby. The drive to the French Quarter is about 15 minutes and super easy. You also get to see the devastation and poverty of the Lower 9th Ward as well on the way there as a level set to all that goes on in the FQ. The Battle of New Orleans historic site is also a short drive. Getting to this hotel couldn't be easier. Just drive south on I-10 on the east side of Lake Pontchartrain to I-510 until it becomes Paris Rd. The hotel is on the right. The breakfast is adequate and, as mentioned earlier, IHOP is only a couple of miles drive away.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room if you don't want to hear footsteps from the room above you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mighty_Road_Warrior
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel was always clean, with friendly staff, with a very easy check in process. The bathroom was clean, and the free wireless was fast, and good coverage, even working whilst waiting outside the main entry door.

Even though the location says it’s close to downtown, it's still 20-25 minutes at 3am, with no traffic – and if you can get a taxi - peak times would be much more. The front desk will call a local taxi company, who are very accommodating and friendly, and was like having a tour guide on the way into town – we used them around 7 times.

There is a McDonalds straight across the busy road – which we felt like playing a real life version of the 80’s computer game Frogger when crossing over – and an Italian restaurant just 5 minutes walk away on the same side as the hotel.

If planning to stay in the French quarters till late you need to arrange some transport home, as most taxis were unwilling to bring us all the way out to Chalmette – they’d probably earn more money making a few short runs downtown.

The breakfast ‘buffet’ was a very limited affair, with the highlight being waffles you could make yourself using ready made batter dispensed from a machine, and a waffle pan with digital timer. Even though breakfast finished at 9, things were cleared away at 8.45, with some people arriving at 8.50 being told they were too late.

When we came to check out there was only a small amount to pay on the credit card. When questioned, the policy is to bill the card once it reaches $500, I’ve not encountered this, and asked about them taking into consideration credit card charges for currency conversion, and that I could have just paid the whole bill upfront so as to only incur a surcharge fee once – the young lady didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about.

Room Tip: Away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business