“Great escape from city life...especially if you love horses!”
Review of Splendor Farms

Splendor Farms
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Bush
More attraction details
Owner description: Splendor Farms is a charming 75 acre Louisiana farm offering bed & breakfast accommodations, horseback riding stables, dachshund kennel, and petting zoo. Located 1/4 mile from the scenic Bogue Chitto River, one hour from New Orleans.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying here several times as a B&B guest. Additionally, my daughter has attended their overnight summer camps for the last four years. It has been such a wonderful experience for my daughter. The B&B is charming, especially the dining room; the breakfast is delicious and fills you up all day; and, of course, it's always fun interacting with the many animals on the farm. Can't wait to go back!!!

1  Thank Czhoward1
"riders"
in 3 reviews
"field"

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We bought from Kelly, owner of Splendor Farms, a beautiful long-haired Dachshund, for a Christmas gift for our 6 year old son..this was 4 years ago. Kelly delivered this pup at a halfway point a few days before Christmas. Fast forward two years later... we decide to get a second puppy as a companion and also decided to visit Splendor Farms! Kelly toured us around...the breakfast /dining room was lovely and we wished we had stayed the weekend! Happy, well-tended animals were around but unobtrusive..the grounds of the farm were immaculate...a pastoral setting. We visited the kennels which were clean, organized and filled with loved, happy adult and puppy doxies! Our second puppy is having her second birthday today and she is delightful! Kelly has kept in close contact with us and she is a doting "grandparent" figure to all her puppies even long after they are placed in homes. Highly recommend a visit to Splendor Farms !

2  Thank Malinda W
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

When I called around trying to find kennels to visit, I was very happy with the kindness and openness of Kelly. She answered all of my questions and even though she was extremely busy, she allowed us to visit that same day. We drove 3 hours and we were greeted upon arriving. We were given a tour of the kennels and part of the farm. It was beautiful and the animals were very well cared for. The facilities were very clean, and organized. We fell in love with our Rigby right away. It was the best decision! Rigby was kennel trained at night and housebroken in the first month. She has been around many children who have poked her and tugged at her ears and tried to carry her around and she is the most gentle dog I have ever seen. My baby also loves to snuggle her. When it's time for me to get another dog, there is no question it will come from Splendor Farms! I also would love to stay in the B&B soon and go on a trail ride soon.

1  Thank Klscott423
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have stayed at Splendor Farms many times and each time was very pleased. Kelly has always put me in a lovely room and the meals are awesome. Kelly works very hard on her farm and keeps all the animals happy and healthy. Plan on making many more trips to Splendor Farms.

1  Thank Judy F