“Best Bed and Breakfast on a Farm!”
Review of Splendor Farms

Splendor Farms
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Bush
More attraction details
Owner description: Splendor Farms is a charming 75 acre Louisiana farm offering bed & breakfast accommodations, horseback riding stables, dachshund kennel, and petting zoo. Located 1/4 mile from the scenic Bogue Chitto River, one hour from New Orleans.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We just spent 5 days at Splendor Farms and cried when we had to leave. We were traveling with 3 girls, aged 12 and 13. The bedrooms were fantastic. Great linens, every comfort. The farm experience included seeing all the new puppies, baby goats, young horses as well as wonderful trail rides and arena training. Kelly is an amazing cook and her breakfasts were not just toast and coffee! Try the Huevos Rancheros and the bacon raised on the farm.
We had a fire laid for us outside every night. We used the bbq. The pool is beautiful. The azaleas were in full bloom! This a great bed and breakfast! If you are looking for trail rides in the area I can highly recommend that too!

7  Thank Shelby C
"riders"
in 3 reviews
"field"

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had bought a living social deal for a 2hour for 2 hour horseback ride. It was such a deal! We had McKayla as our guide and she was so sweet and helpful. Kelly, the owner, responded quickly to emails and efficient in reservations. The farm was sizable with many horses and different other farm animals.
The horses we rode were well trained and obedient. The path was very scenic. There's also lots of attractions near Bush that you can put all into one adventure day.

8  Thank Thu Ha N
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hi Kelly,

I just wanted to let you know how much my daughter and I enjoyed our trail ride today! First of all, thank you for getting us in on such short notice. I called you this morning and you had us on a horse for noon. We had the best day ever!

Your farm is so beautiful, your horses were so sweet and your staff were so friendly! The trail seemed almost endless! Every time I thought "well this must be the best part" something else was around the corner that surprised me even more! The lake was absolutely breathtaking and one of the trail guides unmounted her horse just to take a picture of me and my daughter in front of it! (which is now my screen saver on my phone)

I just cant thank you enough for setting up our ride today, the weather couldn't have been any better! We are so excited to come back as often as I can afford, this is something worth saving my money up for. Also, we overheard the guides talking about the horse camp and my daughter is very interested in the weekend getaway that you offer. I will search around on your website to see if I can find more info about it.

I would love to see the rest of the farm next time we come out! You are living my dream and I hope you know how blessed you are to work with these majestic animals everyday!

Thank you again and God bless!

Amanda Bennett

P.S. If you think the farm in Pearl River is your new competition, you have nothing to worry about, NO COMPARISON!

6  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Our family of three stayed for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent breakfasts and trail rides. There are many attractions within a short driving distance and our daughter really enjoyed playing with all the animals on the farm. The trail rides were professionally conducted and the owner Kelly was very friendly and accommodating. We would love to come back!

6  Thank Elizabeth B