“Good service and menu”

Mel’s Diner Part II
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Broussard
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Good food and service. The menu selection is great.The selection of daily lunches is great.Great Diner atmosphere with great service too boot..

Reviewed June 8, 2013

After a loooong drive and checking into our hotel at 1:00am, we were starving and tired. Thankfully Mel's was right across the street. Well, the biscuits everyone is talking about we're delicious! Try the home fries too! :)Service was fast and friendly, 50s decor was great, we were very satisfied with the experience!

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been dining here at least 4 times each March for the last 10 years. Not much has changed in that time including prices. The staff are always realky friendly and on the ball. The neon sign outside proclaims that they have the Worlds Nest Biscuits. I am not going to disagree with this statement. I've never had any anywhere that come even close. I took my wife home a dozen one year and since then there is a standing order from her. considering we live in S. Floerida it mmeans she gets to them at least 8 hours after i get them boxed up. She still maintains that they are the best shes ever tasted!
At the weekends they serve a wonderful eggs Benedict.I like to have it with a biscuit instead of the muffin. Awesome! Can't wait to get back again next March.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Get the home fried potatoes! Peppers and onions and chunks of potatoes tossed in Cajun seasoning make these potatoes the best ever. Mel's says they make the best biscuits in the world, and it may be true! The 50s atmosphere is fun, the service is fast, and the food is great.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Let me begin by saying this is not my first go around at mel's broussard location. I just finally had to share the joy after trying another plate that was to die for. They continually blow me away with their delicious cooking, no matter what the meal is to be, and chug is down with their delicious sweet tea. The place is obvious to find with good parking and always good seating. It is small inside but I promise I have never waited for a seat. It has it's quiet days and packed days, but you will never receive bad service anyday. I have constantly recommended this place and will always.