“Great Breakfast!”

Cuisines: American
Anchorage
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Get the home fried potatoes! Peppers and onions and chunks of potatoes tossed in Cajun seasoning make these potatoes the best ever. Mel's says they make the best biscuits in the world, and it may be true! The 50s atmosphere is fun, the service is fast, and the food is great.

Louisiana
“Part two is number 1”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Let me begin by saying this is not my first go around at mel's broussard location. I just finally had to share the joy after trying another plate that was to die for. They continually blow me away with their delicious cooking, no matter what the meal is to be, and chug is down with their delicious sweet tea. The place is obvious to find with good parking and always good seating. It is small inside but I promise I have never waited for a seat. It has it's quiet days and packed days, but you will never receive bad service anyday. I have constantly recommended this place and will always.

• Visited December 2012
Thicket, Texas
“Not Cajun, but not bad!”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stopped by looking for some local cuisine. If you want good diner food this is the place. I had the chicken fried steak. It was not Texas but it was pretty good. I would go back. We didn't have their breakfast but I bet it is a great breakfast place. Give it a go. Staff is great.

• Visited July 2012
Abbeville, Louisiana
“BISCUITS AND PLATE LUNCHES TO DIE FOR”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food at Mel's Diner is really good. I especially love the breakfasts, in particular the biscuits. There is another location on Johnston St. in Lafayette, but this one has much better biscuits. They are huge and really tasty. Also the plate lunches are really great.