“Food Keeps Getting Better!”

Landry's Seafood House
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

8/1/13 We always stop at Landry's on our way to Texas and this time the Food was even better than the last few times. Staff are very courteous and friendly and the Local Foods and Fare are Incredible. Atmosphere is cozy and prices are good. Will keep going back when we're in the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I live in St. Martin Parish, of Cajun and Creole descent. I was raised on the local cuisine and also prepare it myself. I have many choices in the area to dine. Landry's is the most consistent and best. Not just the typical boiled, fried, over-seasoned, lack of vegetable faire. I've dinned often and frankly do not understand some of the other reviews. On my latest visit I went with my 19 year old son, who appreciates fine Gulf White Louisiana Shrimp. And he ordered their Shrimp Po, perfectly fried with little grease and they used fresh oil. The fries the same and they accommodated his request to substitute Dirty Rice as a side. My mom cooked excellent traditional dirty rice or rice dressing and Landry's dirty rice is an excellent effort. My preference is fresh fish. My server, the bartender was asked many questions regarding if the fish was fresh or frozen, if fresh when caught. She asked the chef and the response was the Mahi Mahi arrived the same day and was just cut. Again, I requested some special preparation: broil, not grilled, and not the butter sauce but their excellent Sauce Mornay. A classic from one of the "mother sauces." Now here is were Landrys outshines all the competition in the area and puts itself on the same level as Lafayette and New Orleans-their fresh vegetables. I was able to obtain the roasted fresh vegetables, with two kinds of squash, eggplant and roasted pecans. Perfect preparation, cooked correctly, not soggy, not too much salt and well seasoned. At all times the bartender/server was attentive, friendly, professional and knowledgeable. The manager on duty visited to make sure our dinning experience was satisfactory. From the greeting at the door when we entered, to when we left and all in between, we had a "fine dinining" experience. If you want more then boiled and fried (which they have) with some culinary talent in the kitchen, I would recommend Landrys. I am going tomorrow. As I fish for Mahi Mahi/Dorado I hope some will be brought in tomorrow afternoon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Friendly, prompt service. Great value at lunch. In and out within 1 hour-great for traveling. Even though it is a chain, this Landry's in the heart of the bayou hasn't strayed at all from its roots.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We drove from Covington, La. to meet a group for lunch. 20 od us. The service was slow.11AM to 2:30PM, the Crayfish bisque was cold and just one bread ball in soup. Crayfish 1/2 and 1/2 was cold and no seasoning. The rice in both dishes was cold and hard. the Banana foster was soggy and ice cream melting and 3 pieces of banana's. While we were eating the waitress proceeded to scrape the plates into the salad bowl and stack the plates on the table in front of us. I will only go back if it is a group meeting.

1  Thank Kathleen K
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stopped here on our way back home from Florida. The fried Shrimp and Oysters were cooked to perfection and we really enjoyed our meal. My sister also had a Fried Fish with her meal. I always like the Landrys I've eaten at including New Orleans, La and Galveston, Tex.
All have had excellent cuisine and service.