“Classic tourist trap”

Landry's Seafood House
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fredericksburg, VA
“Classic tourist trap”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I vaguely remembered hearing bad things about Landry's; lunch there recently confirmed them. I ordered shrimp and andouille gumbo and an oyster po-boy. After a very long wait the gumbo arrived. It was watery and salty and had a few shrimp but no andouille sausage. When I came across two tiny oysters I realized I had been given the seafood gumbo my mistake. When my po-boy arrived it was a shrimp po-boy, not the oyster po-boy I had ordered. I tasted one of the tiny shrimp. It was encased in a hard and tasteless carapace of flour and who-knows-what. When I pointed out that both my orders were wrong, the manager took them both off the bill and offered to bring me something else. I wisely declined and went up the road to a stand that sold boudin and chitlins and had a delicious link of boudin for $2.95...a meal you cannot go wrong with (at least I never have) in SW Louisiana

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Joel F

• Polish first
“Always pleasing.”
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Landry's does not boast to be a great Louisiana restaurant. It does how ever have great seafood!! There is nothing cajun about this place. This is a nice dining experience. With a great wine choice and staff that is trained to help you make a pairing. I often enjoy the stuffed shrimp, myself. And the Oyster Rockefeller is pretty great in my opinion.

Silverthorne, Colorado
“Substandard”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Crawfish bisque was good. Blackened redfish was reddened whitefish. Paprika is NOT a blackening spice. NO SPICE, NO BLACKENING, just substandard fare from a sorry excuse for a Louisiana restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
“Excellent Cajun food”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

First time stopping in and eating at this restaurant. The food and the service were second to none. This is some of the best Cajun food I have ever had outside of my family kitchen. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food.

Elgin, South Carolina
“Great food, Great atmosphere, Great Service”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stopped by for lunch. The food was great, the fish, shrimp was delicious. The service was great and we were stuffed. I would recommend to anyone headed on I-10.

• Visited September 2012