“Will definitely go back”

Landry's Seafood House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I had crawfish bisque and stuffed mushrooms for lunch, both were worth a special trip. Service was reasonable. Usually I go to Pat's; this was my first time here. I'll be back.

There are newer reviews for Landry's Seafood House

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I used to love to eat here years ago. Not the place it used to be. Note that good reviews are from two tears ago. Two meals not served until every other dinner party member had finished eating. An exhaust vent was out, air had a smoky haze. Gumbo was terrible, had better fare from a truck stop. Won't go back. Manager didn't seem to care that our dinner experience was ruined. Two free deserts doesn't make up for bad food and bad service.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

This restaurant was next to the motel and after 12+ hours on the road, that was definitely appealing. It turns out that that's about all that ended up appealing to us. Prices were definitely on the higher side. We decided to go with lower priced meals. My husband had a hamburger and I had the seafood gumbo and a salad. I love good gumbo and while the flavor of this was good, the seafood part was very scarce. Plus it had to be sent back to be warmed up. My husband followed the server's suggestion on how to order his burger and it was done more than what he liked. We asked her a few other questions about the menu before ordering but she wasn't helpful at all.

Would we return? No, we're sure there are other places that we would like better.

Reviewed April 2, 2010

Stopped for lunch on the way back from New Orleans. And while we had some great meals there, there were a number of high priced failures as well. (See my other reviews) But this was a totally satisfying meal for less than a third what I paid for a so call name restaurant meal. Great crafish bisque with right seasoning and loads of seafood. Also, the bananas foster dessert is fabulous. Again, I paid twice as much for something in New Orleans that was terrible compared to this. I have eaten at Landry's in a number of locations and I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed March 12, 2010

We enjoyed a very pleasant evening in this popular restaurant. The food was imaginative and well presented but the highlight was the quality of service. Marcus, the waiter, was truly outstanding, an engaging personality and vry professional in all that he did.