“Loved this tour !!!”

Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED: Please call prior to confirm a tour is departing at a scheduled time. Swamp Tour Times: 8am, 9:30am, 11am, 1pm, 4pm, 6pm Located in Breaux Bridge near Lafayette, LA, Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours guided eco boat rides offer insight into Lake Martin's swamp, St. Martin Parish's hidden jewel. Please call for reservation because tour times vary. This professionally guided swamp tour will take you safely through cypress trees and tupelo gum trees draped in Spanish moss. This swamp is home to 205 different species of birds, and inhabits some of the largest alligators you will ever see up close and personal! We are open year round, 7 days a week. We are the only swamp tour at Lake Martin to provide indoor air-conditioned clean restrooms, souvenir shop, including cold drinks, hot dogs, sandwiches, nachos, ice cream, and New Orleans' snowballs! Outdoor covered deck provides seating areas overlooking the water, inside seating areas with A/C, big screen TVs - just to name a few amenities. Come hang out with us for an afternoon and join us on a Cajun Swamp Tour that you will remember for years to come! We can accommodate large groups. Photographers, bring your cameras!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We stumbled across this tour on our way to San Antonio for vacation. Our group (4 adults 5 kids) took Bryan's wonderfully safe boat out on to Lake Martin & simply can not say enough good things about it !! He was a fantastic tour guide with so much information that it was hard to take it all in !! We saw so many different kinds of birds, plants & alligators!!! The Gators were the highlight !!! Byran also found a wolf spider & got a discarded skin for my 9 year old grandson !!! That boy was in heaven. We all enjoyed this so much. What a way to start our vacation. Take this tour...you will not be sorry!!! Thanx so much Captain Bryan, you were wonderful !!!!

1  Thank usandthem86
Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)
All reviews
"beautiful scenery"
in 15 reviews
"bryan champagne"
in 20 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 28 reviews
"his knowledge"

Reviewed May 4, 2010

Bryan Champagne knows this environment inside and out, and provides a deeply informative and visually stunning tour for an incredibly reasonable price. (Bryan: If you're reading this: you really should increase your prices.) Two of the most pleasant hours I've spent in the great state of Louisiana, and that's saying something. I'd include some of my photos of gators, turtles, eagles, cormorants, egrets, anhingas, and noble cypresses here, but I just got off the boat a couple hours ago and was impatient to write this review!

Reviewed April 29, 2010

I was at Lake Martin landing because I had been stood up by another swamp tour guide. Bryans boat had been reserved fully that morning. He was very friendly, and I told him my plight and out of sheer kindness he offered to take me for a short ride, since his tour group was not due to arrive for another 20 mins. He took me out to a cypress swap, and talked about the trees, bayous, birds and fauna. In just this short time, we saw a huge gator, several birds, and a really big turtle. He also gave me some good advice about driving along the lake road, and where to look for birds and gators. It was awesome and I now long to see the entire tour. The next opportunity I have, I will book a tour with Bryan!

Reviewed October 26, 2009

My mother-in-law from Venezuela didn't want to go, because she was afraid to get into an open boat with alligators in proximity. My 8-year old daughter was also apprehensive. I convinced my wife that I had booked us all a "Champagne Boat Cruise", which I had -- a swamp tour with Bryan Champagne. After 5 minutes in Bryan's boat, they were all loving it--the sheer mysterious beauty of the swamp, the bald cypress trees, the alligators, the birds, the Spanish moss, the water covered with duckweed shimmering in the filtered sunlight, with Bryan's thoughtful commentary about all aspects of the environment.

We all agreed that this swamp tour was one of the highlights of our vacation in Louisiana. Highly recommended!