“I DID IT AGAIN and AGAIN!!!!!”

Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED: Please call prior to confirm a tour is departing at a scheduled time. Swamp Tour Times: 8am, 9:30am, 11am, 1pm, 4pm, 6pm Located in Breaux Bridge near Lafayette, LA, Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours guided eco boat rides offer insight into Lake Martin's swamp, St. Martin Parish's hidden jewel. Please call for reservation because tour times vary. This professionally guided swamp tour will take you safely through cypress trees and tupelo gum trees draped in Spanish moss. This swamp is home to 205 different species of birds, and inhabits some of the largest alligators you will ever see up close and personal! We are open year round, 7 days a week. We are the only swamp tour at Lake Martin to provide indoor air-conditioned clean restrooms, souvenir shop, including cold drinks, hot dogs, sandwiches, nachos, ice cream, and New Orleans' snowballs! Outdoor covered deck provides seating areas overlooking the water, inside seating areas with A/C, big screen TVs - just to name a few amenities. Come hang out with us for an afternoon and join us on a Cajun Swamp Tour that you will remember for years to come! We can accommodate large groups. Photographers, bring your cameras!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Dear Fellow Travelers
Well had to give another review for the Champagnes Swamp Tour, since my last tour I have been at least 3 times. I felt I should give credit where it is deserved. Wow each time is so good it leaves me wanting more. As I said before being a local there are plenty of things to do in this part of the country but I am drawn back often to Lake Martin. I have learned so much a little more each time and have seen more each time. I strongly recommend this tour you will be so happy you did. Bryan and Pam are gracious hosts.. thank you for the memories..

There are newer reviews for Champagne's Cajun Swamp Tours

Reviewed April 29, 2013

From the moment you walk in the door the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming. The back porch is cool and breezy as you wait for your tour to begin. Small alligator's come to the dock to stare at you as much as you stare at them.
The tour begins quiet and serene with information from the guide that does not sound rehearsed or 'tour guide.' The animals were wonderful to watch! HUGE gators and turtles and frogs. We saw bald eagles and owls on the tour and many birds that the guide identified and provided information about.
We were so happy with our 2.5 hour tour. We will bring the kids next time since this is full of information yet safe and entertaining!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I loved my swamp tour, the guide was amazing, and answered every question the group had. And had a HUGE amount of knowledge about the area.hey also are responsible, as they do not feed the gators - which encourages them to approach humans - a big no no.

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to go out and have a great time, you can drink beer in the boat while you cruise around watching the 400 gators that live there - and over 2 thousand birds that we were told live in the protected sanctuary.

The staff at the store are amazingly friendly, and they have all kinds of beer in the fridge - from bud light lime - to uh I think I got an abita amber maybe, I forget haha.

I loved seeing the Egrets, and Spoonbills, and how they turned pink by eating crawfish.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a great time on the boat with our bilingual guide (much appreciated by French co-tourers), who pointed out a great deal of interest in this beautiful and unearthly setting on Lake Martin (no longer a swamp since they blocked the bayou and now cannot drain). We got great sights of gators, herons, ducks and all manner of bird and animal life. Really enjoyable.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had a group of relatives visiting from Illinois whom had never been to Louisiana so we thought this would be a great way to introduce them to south Louisiana. They had an awesome time! The tour guide was very knowledgeable and we saw lots of gators as well as birds common to the area. The scenery is beautiful...especially the cypress trees. These people are the greatest and we would definitely recommend this tour!!!