“First room we got smelled terrible -- like chemicals. Went...”

Super 8 Breaux Bridge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Breaux Bridge
Reviewed April 9, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Breaux Bridge

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Room was ok for the price. Could not get on internet from room.... picked up hotel accross the street was stronger signal.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Chose this hotel for convenience. Drove 15 hours and needed to sleep for a few. Parked my car and went into the lobby where the smell of body odor should have been my first clue that I should have kept driving. Have stayed at Super 8's before and was impressed (Abilene, TX). Got my room key and when I opened the room the overwhelming smell of urine had me headed back to the clerk. As I headed out to my new room I noticed the clerk was barefooted and couldn't wait to get to the couch in the middle of the lobby to lounge. My 2nd room smelled better but musty. I closed the door behind me and had a hard timr closing the door completely. Put the chain and latch and dead bolt on. I was on the ground floor yet still didnt feel completely safe.. By this time it was midnight and i was exhausted. Fell into the very itchy bed and slept.for 5 hours wgen i was woken by neighbors loudly having sex thru the extremely thin walls. AAA discount was only good thing about this motel

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 13, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This Hotel is dirty...bugs everywhere...in bed...on floor..I was bit by something 5 times in the bed...had to get up & sleep on the chair. Then I went & complained...was not allowed to speak to manager & refused to refund my money....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! showers have no water pressure...& were dirty. The whole place needs to be exterminated!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2012

For the price, I would expect better maintenance and better cleanliness at this motel. This was our second stay and it was worse than the last time. There was mold on the shower curtain and the window was filthy. There was a wad of paper stuffed in the door peep hole as well. The "breakfast" offered was toast.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying there.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I'm a Wyndham Rewards member and stay in a lot of Super 8 motels. We travel with a guide dog and so run into problems often about having a "pet". But I had to read the night clerk at this motel the riot act to get him to understand it is illegal to charge a "pet fee" for a service dog. But that aside, we were very tired and just wanted to go to our room which had a non-smoking sign on the door, but was obviously just an old smoking room with a new sign. If the stink didn't give it away, the old cigarette burns on the toilet seat and bath tub should. We were tired and the stink was bearable. We opened the door and trip over the lose, unfastened door sill. Get inside and notice there is coffee and cups but no coffee maker. The blow dryer had been ripped off the wall and was gone also. The back of the bathroom door had never been cleaned and was filthy. Oh and did I mention there was NO toilet paper or facial tissues! The next morning, not having a coffee maker, I go to the "breakfast room" (stale plastic wrapped muffins) to find the clerk playing games on a laptop and oblivious to the fact the coffee maker in the breakfast room was empty. That's it. We checked out only to find we've been charged $1.50 extra for having a safe in the room (which we did not ask for). Has to be the worst, dirtiest, poorest value Super 8 I've ever stayed in. The only saving grace was McDonald's was close and had a great breakfast and good coffee.

Room Tip: It's next to a truck stop so there are no quiet rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Lafayette North
Howard Johnson Lafayette
Howard Johnson Lafayette
#35 of 50 in Lafayette

Been to Super 8 Breaux Bridge? Share your experiences!