“great french lady”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
liberty mo
“great french lady”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

wandering around breau bridge we found Chez Jacqueline. a wonderful quaint place but a bit dark . We talked to Jacqueline for a time. her stories were great. I had gumbo with shrimp, crawfish and scallops. wonderful sauce and loaded with meat. my wife had crabcakes with shredded cabbage. no fillers, just huge crabcakes. amazing. french bread was home made as everything else. i ate most of my sauce with the french bread and Jacqueline saw this and brought more sauce and bread. WOW. Then a huge delicious piece of cake. All this while talking or listening to Jacqueline. What a treat. Jacqueline, you are my SHERRI.

• Visited April 2013

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good Food and Music for Breakfast”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We cam upon Chez Jacqueline Restaurant while walking the historic district Saturday morning. We heard what we thought was live music and were drawn in.
Turns out they have live music Saturday mornings during breakfast and lunch. An older Cajun woman was playing the keyboard and accordion and singing in a wonderfully french accented Cajun voice.
We arrived just as they were changing over from breakfast until lunch, so we ordered a mimosa and Bloody Mary to pass the time while listening to the music until they were ready for lunch orders.
We decided to try three items off the menu and just share them between the two of us. First out was a gator burger. I had expected a filet, but it was more prepared like a crab cake except with shredded gator meat. The sandwich was good, but the best was to come. We also ordered a cup of Crawfish Etouffee. It came out with a nice thick broth with tons of crawfish. It was thick and earthy and delicious. Finally we ordered Coquille St. Jacques, which was mushrooms, shrimp, scallops, and crab meat covered with cheese and broiled with a rich buttery sauce. This was served with warm french bread for dunking in the sauce. Yumm.
As far as ambiance, the restaurant is small and tables are packed together tightly. It is dark and homey, with dated furnishings. Do not expect fancy. But do expect great food at a great price.

Visited March 2013
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Disappointed”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I were planning to go to Cafe Des Amis. When we got there the line was rather long. Instead of waiting we decided to try Chez Jacqueline's. The place although cluttered seemed to have some charm. The server was very nice and did her best to accomodate everyone. We waited for a long time but we were understanding due to they were short staffed. I ordered the big breakfast and my husband ordered the cajun omelet. My inlaws ordered eggs benedict. When the food arrived I was not impressed. My bacon was deep fried beyond recognition. The potatoes looked like they cut up crinkle fries and deep frid them as well. My husband's omelet was black. I'm not talking dark brown but black. He tried to pull apart and eat what was inside but there was not much there. The eggs benedict I was told was sour tasting and eggs were hard. Needless to say the price was way beyond what I wanted to pay. I am sorry to say we will not be visiting again. Not just because the food was horrible,(every place has a bad day), but because they knowingly served a very very burnt omelet. To me that is someone who just does not care. We were never asked how everything was and I guess it was because they were afraid of the answer.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank angelad422
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Chef Jacqueline's seafood appetizers were all totally superb. She cooked all for our family last weekend, by keeping the restaurant open for us. What a great spirit and cooking skills she has!!!

Visited February 2013
Charleston, South Carolina
“Pleasant owner average breakfast”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Wall pictures of beloved Paris and owner's family. Our omelet seemed to use all of last night's unused vegetables.

Visited January 2013