“Excellent!!”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service...unique in everyway!! The food very fresh,and prepared to individual taste. The atmosphere is unique....we just missed the Zydeco band that performed earlier that morning. Sunday brunch all day long....WOW! Yes, we shall return!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful lunch at Cafe des Amis. The shrimp and okra gumbo was out of this world. It came with a small scoop of rice and a small scoop of great potato salad. The fried eggplant over crawfish etouffe was fabulous. The eggplant was perfectly cooked and melted like custard in your mouth. My friend enjoyed his cornbread and crawfish etouffe just as much. The only thing that would have made it better was our timing. We arrived too late for their Saturday breakfast with live Cajun music. Sorry we missed it.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had the best food and BEST service. We mentioned that we were coming back in the morning and they had the table set when for us when we got there. Everyone had different things on the menu. We were all very happy with our meal.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Unfortunately I did not. My wife did though, so I got to try it.

I went for the Crawfish / Shrimp Half and Half and it was delicious. However, my wife's Crawfish pie was incredible. One of the best dishes I've ever tried.

I asked the server (who was excellent) what to get, and he told me without hesitation to get the Pie - but I didn't follow up. Next time I will. I repeat - get the Crawfish Pie.

The Crawfish and Alligator Sausage Cheesecake appetizer was also excellent.

The place is beautiful. It's perfect for a romantic evening.

We also went back for Breakfast, which was really good.

If you're looking for a rustic small town feel - but high quality - this is it.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had the crawfish enchiladas.Tasty and slightly spicy. My first creole experience. Yum!
My daughter had the crawfish pie. Also very good, but my dish won in tastiness! :-)