“Wonderful”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Loved the food and live music and dancing if you go then try the Wednesday night live music but book in advance as gets very busy

1  Thank Ray L

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Cafe' des Amis is obviously not just the best restaurant in town for visitors, it seems to be the local favorite as well. The Wednesday night we visited everyone seemed to know everyone else— lots of hugs and table hopping. The Wednesday band was not the Cajun music we expected but a sophisticated jazz/rock duo that did get the house dancing. Food was down-home but fresh and inventive. I loved the maque-choux (a corn side dish); crab cakes were some of the best I've tasted. Oh and try the alligator cheesecake appetizer!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Met up with some friends for breakfast, but it ended up being a late brunch. Our friends arrived 30 min before us and got in line outside. We arrived and waited in line outside another 30 minutes. It's a $5 cover charge to get in, but that is refunded when you order food (though a sign on the door said the refunds are being discontinued soon). Once we got inside we were given one of those plastic light up things to notify us when a table was ready. We proceeded to watch people dance to the fantastic band that was playing while we stood at the bar, just hanging out. The bartender gave me a free soda, which I thought was pretty nice :) About 20-30 min later we finally sat down. The music was too loud to have conversation or for the waitress to hear us give our order - it took a few times for her to understand what we were saying. The guy refilling water was ON POINT though. Dude knew his job and made sure it got done!!! Our food arrived within a reasonable amount of time and was quite delicious.

I will definitely be going again next time I'm in Breaux Bridge. The atmosphere was charming and the food was delicious - even if it did take a long time to get to it :) I can see why this place is so popular among the locals.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I can never travel through Lousiana without a stop here! This time, I was traveling with some women on a plantation tour and stopped on our way back to Texas.

I had the crawfish cornbread which was as good as I remember! I paired it with the grilled veggies which were delicious as well. My traveling companions enjoyed the shrimp and corn bisque, crab cakes, and étouffée. All were fantastic! We ended our meal with bread pudding.
This small and charming spot has become a delicious tradition. I find I'm always recommending that people stop when they're driving through! I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Des Amis was highly recommended by the owner of the B&B were were staying at and it was well worth it. The food was delicious, plentiful, and reasonable priced Our wait person couldn't do enough for us and made us feel very welcome.