“Awesome”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Susan at the Isabelle Inn made us a surprise reservation....excellent food and an awesome experience with locals.....truly recommend but make sure you have reservations.....The Murphy's

1  Thank CostaRica082310

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I loved the chowder but made the mistake of ordering a bowl....I couldn't finish it or my entree but it was soo good and rich and creamy. The shrimps were great and the catfish too....good potato salad but rather too much vinegar in the Caesar salad dressing. None of us ever made dessert! Service a bit ditzy at times

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had to change tables because of the air conditioning. At that point we got lost in the room, our food got lost and so did the service. An overly attentive waitress was training a new hire, then the room revved up and we ended up feeling like hostages for the check. There was an overcharge on 2 entries with water. A little suspicious.. The room was quite loud.

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I have grown to use trip advisor to find a good place to eat. But in this case it was chance. I got off on the wrong exit and decided to take the business route to a place I like. My wife saw the sign for cafe and said lets just eat there. That's how we found this place. What a surprise find for me, a reviewer who loves good food. Could not find any faults. Will definitely go back if I have the chance. Also met a new feature artist while there, herb roe, was his name. Tried before to post a picture but it was rejected. Oh, did you know this is also an art gallery? ++ on atmosphere. This is a perfect stop for tourist who like to get off the beaten path.

1  Thank QCWilly
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Had a family dinner there and the atmosphere was great. The service somewhat lacking - took about 20 minutes to receive our drinks and refills were spotty. The appetizers were great and everyone loved them. The main courses were good but my food was cold - disappointing! Everyone liked the taste but the food that was served last was not really warm at all. Everyone ate all their food so the evening wasn't a loss - the wait staff was friendly and attentive but just couldn't get us served with drinks on time. I thought prices were excellent - I would go there again but with a smaller group.