“Amazing "like my grandma did it" cooking with a smile.”

Creole Glenda's Kitchen
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

On my way back to Texas, I always pass by the Breaux Bridge exit at 80 miles an hour (I mean, 70 mph mom). Today, my taste buds demanded I slow down and get lunch and walk the two dogs. I saw this little gem on Trip Advisor and gave it a try. So glad I did. The "out in the country" style might initially make you think it is take away only, but take a moment and come in to meet the staff. This place is THE REAL THING with great Sunday family meals at a greatvalue. I got the stuffed pork with dirty rice, potato salad, yams, bread, and a large lemonade for $10. This serving would feed two ladies easily (or one hungry cajun hubby). Take the 4 min drive off the interstate to try it. I will be back with my crew next time we come to visit the grandparents! PS: the dogs gave it two paws up also.

3  Thank dreuxsgirl

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Saw an article today in the Daily Advertiser and decided to drive a little and get lunch......the BBQ knocked my socks off, very well seasoned and not mildly either (of course, I love it hot) and the pork roast was excellent. Met Glenda and shook her hand and visited with her.......... seems like all family works the place......... would like to try lunch one day.

2  Thank sxtt38a
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We went out of our way to eat lunch at Glenda's and it was well worth the time and effort. She only serves food from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and she only has a few things on the menu each day. You may check her website to see the choices. I had shrimp stew [with a hard boiled egg in it] and crawfish etoufee [half each on rice]. My wife had a split of catfish fillet and shrimp. The sides were green beans and potato salad, both prepared the Creole way. I watched Glenda's daughter cut the freshly baked pies and took a piece of lemon pie to go. It was fabulous. We both had big glasses of peach tea to drink. The total bill was only $26. Well worth the money. It's a very small place out in the country, but I guarantee you'll love it if you can find it. Just turn left at Poche's smokehouse.

5  Thank Chuckospringpatch
Reviewed January 1, 2012

The day I went, I had a choice between two plate lunches: Meatloaf or gar boulettes. The meatloaf looked delicious, but I chose the gar boulettes, as this was new to me. Sides were mashed potatoes and green beans.

The sides were good, but nothing particularly remarkable.

On the other hand, the gar boulettes (like giant meatballs, but made with fish instead of beef or pork) .... excellent! They were beautifully spiced for a flavorful kick. I'm not a foodie, but I think they probably ticked all the boxes of what chefs seek: looks, texture, weight, "mouth feel," and taste.

My plate lunch was $8.50, which included a bottled water.

The place has a pleasant, small town, everyone-knows-everybody vibe. Both the staff and the customers were friendly and welcoming.

3  Thank Livingrootless
Reviewed September 22, 2011

While channel flipping a few weeks before our planned trip to Louisiana, I stumbled across Anthony Bordain's No Reservations show on Cajun cuisine. One of the places featured was Glenda's Creole Kitchen, in Breaux Bridge. On our way to Lafayette, we took a short detour off !-10 to find the place, and we're so glad we did. We arrived about 1:15 pm (they close at 2) and they had run out of most of their dishes. They fried some wonderful, mildly spicey shrimp for us, served rice with gravy (some shrimp in the gravy too), plus potato salad and green beans (cooked to within in inch of their lives as is the Southern way but with a zip). Finished with a slice of home made lemon cake. Yum. The food was great, but even better was conversation with Glenda and her staff (two young women, at least one of whom was a daughter). They are lovely, warm, and friendly folks who cook with their hearts -- and it is heartwarming to see this modest little place get the attention and success it deserves.

2  Thank DonnaDAF