“How has Poche's not been on Triple D?”

Poche Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Brenham, Texas
“How has Poche's not been on Triple D?”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Well worth the drive off the hiway! Traveling from Tx to NC, we were hungry and looking for a hole in the wall, non chain place to dine and stumbled upon Poche! Thankful that we did! Huge portions and at a great price. Always a recipe for success! Love the food and just ate our and listened to the local folk talk. Now that I know about this place, I will be back!

• Visited July 2014

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Crawfish Etouffee”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Poche Market is close to Cajun Country Cottages where my sis and I stayed for 6 days. They serve a cafeteria style lunch but it's also a store and smoke house. We were there the day Crawfish Etouffee was being offered. Now I've had it in the best of restaurants in New Orleans but I must say, I never had the flavor that I tasted in the crawfish etouffee at Poche! They gave me three times the amount I could eat but I did take the rest back to our cottage and finished later. It was amazing! I bought their BBQ rub and Seasoning, haven't tried them yet but sure to be the same quality as their food. The menu is changed daily, so call ahead to find out what the special of the day is. I'm going to order some meat from them on line, we're having a neighborhood shrimp boil and I think some crawfish bodin will taste yummy in the boil! The store is stocked with just about anything you need, even ready made meals. Also try the "sweet potato bread pudding"! Really good!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carol B
Venus
“Got to stop here.”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I can only echo the opinions of the other reviews that provided high marks for this place. We packed an ice chest with local meats so we could bring a taste of Louisiana home with us.
There is also an RV park next door, I didn't stay in the park but it looked nice.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Russell H
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Place to Stop !!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We've eaten at Poche's Restaurant a few times, and it is ALWAYS delicious. We are never disappointed. The portions are more than enough, always fresh. The staff are always nice and courteous. We'll definitely be back again and again.

• Visited May 2014
“Picked up steaks to grill--wow!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This little market has excellent meat. We stayed at a B&B nearby and picked up marinated steaks, cole slaw, and fruit salad to go. The food was excellent! We did not try the restaurant, but will be happy to do so the next time we are in the area.

Visited May 2014