“Great food...!”

Poche Market & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed August 2, 2013

City folks from Los Angeles in the bayou. Got a tip from a local and headed here with the family. Cafeteria style dining. Ordered the catfish, shrimp etouffee, potato salad and spicy green beans. Shrimp etouffee was spicy as well. I don't like spicy. But, this was great...! Wish we were spending more time in the area so I could sample more...! Wanted to buy a bunch of stuff from the market... great selection!

1  Thank beeks919

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My Wife and I visited Poche Restaurant on our last day in Breaux Bridge. Man I wish I had found this place on the first day. The food is great! You must try the lunch specials. The ribs are fantastic! The ladies let us do a combo plate that gave us more to sample. Every Item was wonderful. To experience the best in Real Cajun Food you must take the time to stop. I will be going back again and again each time I pass thur Breaux Bridge on the Interstate. The side dishes are great also.

1  Thank Andrew A A
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Every time I pass through Breaux Bridge, I have to stop and eat here. Have been doing that for about 3 years now. This meat market/restaurant about a 5 minute 2 mile drive north of I-10 (just follow the signs) is where you will find a great meal. The food is served cafeteria style and they usually have at least 4 meats to choose from along with vegetables, stuffing, gravy, etc. Prices are very reasonable. My favorite is the crawfish etouffee which is usuall the most expensive item at around $13. Yummy.

Also the meat market have many meats that are stuffed the Cajun way that you may want to take home with you. This very casual restaurant knows cajun food. Try it out.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

More of a meat market than a full-fledged restaurant, but authentic and filled with locals.
The hours are a little dicey and the menu in the restaurant is limited to only a couple of items, but they always have boudin for a snack. The fresh meat for sale looked awesome.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Arrived late on Monday afternoon....early dinner, excellent fried shrimp, catfish, crawfish, etc....