“Don't Miss This!” 5 of 5 bubbles

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Don't Miss This!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

WONDERFUL experience! We arrived and the boat went out right on time. 8 other people along with us and Capt' Tucker. $90 for two people, but totally worth it. It is so much fun and guaranteed to be beautiful. If you have never seen the swamp, you have to go on an air boat ride and see it. Tucker is witty and fun, even without kids on our boat. The way he calls the gators up is amazing and you get to see them up close (I sat on the front row)!
The ride was an hour and a half and he had amazing stories to go along with it on the two/three stops that you make- about the early settlers, the bridge, the gators, etc. The time flew by and before I knew it we were skidding back up onto the shore (I wish I knew how to park like him!). It was a great experience and I HIGHLY recommend Atchafalya Basin Landing! If you only go to hear Tucker's accent it would be worth it!

3 Thank missmollyRN

Blue Springs, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The scenery was beautiful and our guide was well knowleged. He was a great driver and made the experience so fun. Saw some cute gators and the driver gave them kisses. Ha! If you have never been, oh you are missing out.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Family Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for fun and simple, this is it! Captain Tucker did an outstanding job as our guide! The cabins, fishing, store are so much fun and the owners are so friendly and accommodating. It is very easy to find and seems to be very popular with the locals too. We are here for three days with family, loving every minute!

1 Thank Tammie E
Monticello, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for an afternoon as we were traveling through the area. We met Tucker (the owner and airboat captain) and his girl friend Kelly at the marina. Both are super people! We took the airboat tour, then had a few beers at their bar. What a friendly place to be. My wife also ended up buying one of Kelly's homemade hanging baskets(beautiful!).
Thank you Tucker and Kelly!! We will be back.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank jeffbristle
West Monroe
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“On my way to a Polo Match and a AIRBOAT RIDE SHOWS UP!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was on our way to the New Orleans Polo Match in Folsom LA, when our contact called and said she was sick. Well I guess we need to make lemonade out of this lemon day. We were East of Baton Rouge Louisiana on I10 near the Atchafalaya Swamp. We wanted to find out where Whiskey River was located. After finding Whiskey River, we saw the Atchafalaya Basin Landing and Marina with Airboat Tours. Setting is right out of Swamp people. We went in and found one of the owners, Kelly. She said we could go on a Airboat Ride NOW! Great value for 1 1/2 hr ride. We went with 2 other couples. Our driver was Tucker, the other half of ownership of the Landing. This was really a great experience. One that will have to be repeated. The boatride, captain, owners, Turtle Bar, and patrons of the Landing. Oh, yes the Bloody Mary's were outstanding, and yes, green beans.
Take you time when driving across South Louisiana and stop at the Atchafalaya Basin Landing and Marina. Hope you meet the Fly Casting Fishman of Atchafalaya Swamp. Visit with him in French.

Visited June 2013