“authentic touch !”

Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2013

had dinner here for a family heritage trip. we wanted to show the kids some real cajun atmosphere and had even reserved a table, but that was not necessary. it was very empty for a friday night. there were mainly older guests, but authentic ones from the area it seemed. not a tourist- trap like place! the guests were enjoying the evening, the music and dancing and dancing ! it was fun watching and listening. we felt like part of the cultural hometown. the food is ok, huge portions. share ! and the staff happily lets you share too ! but for europeans everything was much too fried, fried and fried and seasoned too much. fish need to taste like fish. let it breath please! but thats probably also part of the culture. it still was fun and we'd go again

There are newer reviews for Pont Breaux's Cajun Restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My first ever Gumbo here and it was delish! Highly recommended! The waitress Marie took a shine to my kids so we returned the following day. She was happy to see us!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

On the outside, the place is rather plain, but forge ahead! Inside are support columns that are made from cypress trees--I don't mean boards; I mean that the trees themselves are holding up the ceiling--no they're not still growing. The food is good and they were very accommodating to my quirky requests. They were quite busy, so service was not fast-food quick, but it was fine.

At 7 pm, the Cajun band cranked up, and the dance floor was full. It really is a great cultural experience, so go to Pont Breaux.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Four of us ate here. Their menu is mostly seafood and mostly fried. We all ordered a bowl of their Seafood Gumbo but none of us liked it as it tasted very watery and was bland. We also ordered some hushpuppies that were just ok. I bought a t-shirt and an apron while I was here.

Pont Breaux's Cajun Restaurant has Live Cajun music nightly. The best thing about Pont Breaux's Cajun Restaurant is that they feature live music and fairly large dance floor. It was interesting to get to watch small town Acadian come out to "play" on a Friday night. The dance floor was crowded with all types of people people two-stepping. This is a fun place to do some people watching - and to get jealous if you have two left feet!

1  Thank WorldTravelers34
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The exterior of the building dosent look very promising, but as soon as you walk in the door, you get absorbed into the Cajun dancehall experience. The fried alligator is great, and the Cajun blackened catfish is the best! Catfish is usually not on the top of my list, but this was to die for! Encrusted in spices and breadcrumbs then blackened on the grill until perfectly done. It was amazing and I still crave it today. The live cajun music gives the place a lively, authentic feel while you eat the lively authentic food. I would stop here anytime I'm driving on I-10 or I-49