“More than expected”

Ranked #10 of 60 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went in on a Friday night. We ordered the grilled alligator which was fantastic. The band was one of the best treats. Most of the music was in French and in true Cajun style. We loved watching to locals dance as well and have been inspired to learn some Cajun dance steps. We enjoyed the food and the local culture. We will return when in the area again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This property used to be Mulatte's, but now has changed to Pont Breaux. Just as good - food was hot and tasty. Mighty fine boudin balls; seafood plate was excellent. Go so that you are there after 7 PM and you will be able to hear Cajun music and watch town folks kick up their heels. Service was super.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went in early on a Saturday night to get a bite to eat and wait around for the band to start. I ordered seafood gumbo and crawfish etouffee and my friend had the seafood salad.The etouffee was pretty good. But the gumbo and seafood salad were huge disappointments. We're locals and eat cajun & seafood all over South Louisiana. Both the gumbo and seafood had NO flavor. If I were blindfolded I would have thought I was eating warm water over rice. Absolutely NO taste or flavor. And the seafood in the salad was as bland as you could ever imagine. We were shocked. The shrimp tasted like they had been boiled in plain water. I've tasted more flavor on boiled shrimp platter from Winn Dixie. Didn't stick aound for the band!!

1  Thank pinot61
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

We called to make reservations and were told we didn't need them. Wrong! Friday night at the old Mulate's the place was packed with people, music, fun and even a wedding party. We waited 45 minutes only to seated in the bar and forgot about for another 45 min. We finally got to Order and another 45 min we got our very average food, well not all of us my friend was told they were out of crawfish as the rest of the food hit the table! Wow. They brought out shrimp fairly quickly but still. They were also out of boudin. I won't be back. Wish I had gone to Prejean's.

1  Thank carobama
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We liked it so much that we went twice while in Breax Bridge!! The boudin balls, crawfish and crab was excellent.