“Dine somewhere, and then come for the music”

Pont Breaux's Cajun Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 62 Restaurants in Breaux Bridge
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Pont Breaux, formerly Mulate's is well known for its cajun music but generally rates just O.k. on food. My wife and I concur. Let me preface this by saying I've been cooking cajun and creole food for 30 years, and while I'm far from expert I know really good cajun food and I can make a roux about as well as anyone. In Breaux Bridge if you want really good cajun food go to Poche's or Cafe Des Amis or head to LaFayette. If you want crawfish etoufee that is overly spiced, served lukewarm despite few customers in the place, accompanied by a gumbo that was the worst I tasted in three trips to Louisiana this year and overpriced go to Pont Breaux. Two weeks later all I remember is friendly service, checkered tablecloths and a telephone booth installed at the end of the bar. The meal itself was totally forgettable.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were a group of eight looking for cajun food, the consensus was "nothing to brag about." Due to cool weather, crawfish were not available. Menu selections included all of the local favorites, the food was good but not as flavorful as we expected. Our server was competent and pleasant.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a make-over of Mulate's in Breax Bridge, LA. The food is great. The music is great. The service is great. You can enjoy Cajun music and dance while you eat.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Lovely cajun music. You can also dance if you feel like it:-). Good food. Definately try the catfish Etoufee if you can!. Chicken gumbo was just about alright. It was tooo salty for me.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a local resident with a large extended family from Katy, Texas and beyond when they come for visits the one place everyone wants to go to and eat is this restaurant. Regardless if you are 3, 30, 60 or 80 years old the music, dancing and restaurant is enjoyed by all ages. Children especially have fun since they are allowed on the dance floor also.
I highly recommend to all locals and visitors.

1  Thank kajunana