“Interesting pizza place with creole/cajun flavor”
Review of Buck and Johnny's

Buck and Johnny's
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breaux Bridge’s new Eclectic & Italian restaurant, Buck and Johnny’s , located at the corner of Bridge and Berard Streets in the historic district of downtown Breaux Bridge, it has quickly established itself as a first-class dining facility. The new restaurant features week end breakfast, entrees, pizzas, pastas, salads, sandwiches and daily specials prepared and presented in a casual, country italian style with a cajun flair carried through to the recently remodeled and restored Domingues Motors building. The Glassroom attached to Buck & Johnny's is an ideal location for catering events such as Weddings, private parties and meetings.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Ate dinner here because Angelle's burgers, our first choice, was closed on Saturday night. They had live music, and our family of five was seated immediately. Prices seemed pretty high to us - over $20 for a 14" thin crust pizza. If you made your own, the sauce and toppings were priced separately, some as high as $5 (caramelized onions, roasted garlic, etc.). We ordered one children's pizza bites that my two youngest shared, and one 14" Caveman pizza for me, my husband and oldest child to share. We each had 2-3 slices. Pizza was very good. We also had a cup of the chef's famous gumbo that was delicious and made me wish I had a whole bowl. Our entire meal included two beers, one cup of gumbo, one 14" pizza, one kid's pizza bites, three kids ice creams and a brownie sundae. Total bill was $63, including tip.

2  Thank jckc98

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Their billboard attracted us & then we asked the locals where the best Pizza was - it was confirmed that it was Buck & Johnny's...good local beers too!!!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Nice place for great snacks, gumbo, pizza, salads situated in the middle of town. Very welcoming, relaxed staff.

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I was in Breaux Bridge for a business trip and ate here. I really liked the restaurant space and decor with the brick walls and old oil and gas memorabilia. Very nostalgic. The food was very good, although my sample only consisted of their pizza. Thick hand-tossed, nice and crispy. Generous toppings. The Caesar salad was also very good.

I would go there again if I'm ever back in town.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I walked in around 8:30 and place was decently busy. We informed the young woman at the door that we would just sit at the bar and she replied, "OK, sure". The bar was not really full-service--just a short bar with some wine and liquor behind it, but there were five stools and condiments, so we knew that it should have been an area to be served. We waited awhile, then a waitress came behind the bar to make a drink, I said "Hi, how are you doing". She looks up and says "Hi", then finishes making the drink and walks off without another word. We waited another couple of minutes and decided to walk out. We were there about 6-8 minutes, where the only attention given to us was the utterances of "Hi", "Sure, OK", and "Hi". Inexcusable.