Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Loved this tour

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Ives5
Fleet UK

All reviews lake martin swamp tour cypress trees great tour flora and fauna hour tour two hours knowledgeable guide plant life baby gators his knowledge small boat these guys knew his stuff take pictures beautiful scenery highlight of our trip
Reviewed 1 week ago

On Lake Martin. Take LA31 south to Lake Martin Road to Rookery Road. No building. Ample parking. Tour boat will be at water's edge. Boat is open with about 10-12 swivel seats. Dress according to the time of year and time of day. Guide is very friendly and has a laid back sense of humor. But he is very knowledgeable in Lake Martin and the swamp and its vegetation and wildlife. You'll also learn the difference between a lake, a swamp, a marsh and a bayou. Takes about 2 hours. Very relaxing. You'll see more alligators during the warmer months.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We took the 12:45 tour today. Our guide was Bob. We had a great tour. The boat was small so we got to go right into the trees. We saw birds and of course alligators. In addition we learned so much about the plants and trees. It was am excellent tour...well worth the price.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Before going to Louisiana I wanted do a 'swamp' tour. Having looked at various options we picked this and I could not have been happier. The Martins Lake area is stunningly beautiful and the tour guides obviously have a real passion and connection to the area.
The tour was fun and entertaining, but also educational, and I feel I am aware of how the area came to be and the ecological challenges in its near future. We saw lots of alligators from babies ( 2 feet long ) to 8-9 feet long specimens.We also saw turtles, frogs, herons, owls, spiders and many other creatures. It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon and I highly recommend it. This was one of the highlights of our holiday.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was such a gorgeous, relaxing way to while away 2hrs. Our guide was funny and knowledgeable in a really chilled out way but there wasn't too much talking. We got to see owls, gators, herons, egrets, frogs, turtles and large spiders on the tour. Don't let that last one put you off, I'm a total arachnaphobe and still loved it.

We had the perfect weather for it and the scenery on Lake Martin is beautiful. This is an absolute must if you're touring Louisiana. Amazing value for money!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I forgot to mention stand-up comedy too. Shawn was our guide and he is either new and only been doing it for two weeks or, in the past seven years has done over 7,000. I think it might be the latter. He knows the Swamp intimately; found for us an American Bald Eagle, egrets, herons, turtles, spiders, duck nest, alligators and awwwgators too, the last being five or six in number and only about four weeks old. We have done tours like this previously including in Florida and the Daintree in Australia and this tour was easily the best. A fabulous morning with a great guide.

1  Thank WingerJack
Reviewed October 8, 2018

my wife and l decided to do the swamp tour on the day of our visit after doing some research into the best swamp tours. Bob was our guide and he was like the David Attenborough of the swamp world. His knowledge of not only the wildlife but plant life ect was very impressive. l would recommend this tour to anyone who fancies a bit of adventure on their holiday. it was one of our highlights of our 2 week trip to the deep south.

1  Thank _billcoates69
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This trip was extremely educational. The other people on our tour did not speak English, so it was like a private tour for us, haha! Our guide answered all our questions; he was very knowledgeable. It was so interesting to learn about the history, water, trees, plants, flowers, birds, reptiles, animals, fish, local culture, etc, etc.!!! I had my SLR camera and I got breathtaking photos. The boat ride is a bit long (2 hrs); our toddler fell asleep. There are a few swamp tours in the area but these guys are the original so go with them!

1  Thank Canfamily_9
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We had a great Tour through the swamp. Our guide shawn explained a Lot and was a funny, relaxed guy. Highly recomend this experience.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic tour. 20$ at the boat for a two hour sunset boat ride, where Bob (our guide, and a man who clearly cares about Lake Martin) will tell you countless amazing storie while showing you gators and birds along with different flora. I recommend this tour if you have a chance.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

This was a great experience. The guide was great and very knowledgeable. The tour was really cool and beautiful. Definitely recommend!

butchguch, Public Relations Manager at Cajun Country Swamp Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for the great review Adam! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your tour with us! Thank you for choosing Cajun Country Swamp Tours