“The loveliest B&B!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Breaux Bridge
Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My family and I spend a weekend at the Isabelle in during a recent visit to Lafayette. My fiance's parents had an engagement party for us at their home in Lafayette, but I wanted to stay in Breaux Bridge so that my family (their first visit to Lafayette and, for some, a first to Louisiana) could experience the charm of Cajun country. The Isabelle Inn certainly exceeded every expectation! The inn is beautifully decorated, spacious, clean and very comfortable. I love the exposed brick and high ceilings. The porch swing and rocking chairs are the perfect place to settle down with a good book or for conversation. We missed out on enjoying the swimming pool because of a sudden cold front, but we all enjoyed relaxing in the backyard sunshine. The food was the greatest highlight! The owner's lovely niece, Kelly, prepared delicious snacks, including freshly-made cookies and a yummy pesto & pine nut cheese plate with wine. Our Sunday morning breakfast was amazing with homemade granola, yogurt & fruit, fantastic quiche, homemade boudin sausage and balsamic-drizzled avocado with pear tomatoes. We skipped the inn's Saturday breakfast to attend the Zydeco breakfast at Cafe des Amis, which was so much fun and a truly unique experience! If you go, make sure to arrive before 8am to be able to get a table. The crawfish étouffée with eggs and biscuits is divine! However, Kelly's breakfasts are so incredible that we wish we had been able to have both breakfasts that morning! Next time, I think that we will have a very early breakfast at the inn before enjoying our coffee & beignets at Cafe des Amis so that we do not miss the music (if you have sensitive hearing, be sure to bring earplugs - it is loud & proud!).
Since I have competed in horse shows all of my life, I have traveled up and down the East coast and stayed in many lovely bed in breakfasts all over, from Vermont to Virginia. The Isabelle Inn is truly one of the best bed & breakfasts we have ever experienced. I could not recommend a better place to stay while in the Lafayette area!

Room Tip: My family loved all of our rooms. They were well-appointed, clean and cozy. I particularly liked the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We loved our stay at the Isabelle Inn. It was a great base for exploring Cajun country, but best of all was the family atmosphere and genuinely warm welcome.The rooms were incredibly comfortable, the breakfasts delicious, and Stanley the dog was much loved by our three children (13,11 and 8).

Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Spent a week at Isabelle Inn on my way to Destin, Florida. This is such a beautiful, peaceful place--very restful. It is easy access to I-10. We've stopped here several times now. The pool was great, the bedroom huge, the bed more than comforable and the grounds are gorgeous! We were served wine in the late afternoon, and there were always soft drinks and fresh coffee in the coffee room. Breakfasts were delicious (especially the crawfish pie and crawfish scrambled eggs). Had one breakfast at des Amis Restaurant and watched the locals dance to cajun music. Then spent some time in St. Martinville touring a bit of history. Took a pontoon boat ride on the Atchafalaya River and saw lots of big alligators. This is kind of place they show on TV that you never really find. Rates were very reasonable. Good spot for couples, family, friends, solo or business.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2011

When we stayed at the Isabelle Inn we cancelled all our sight-seeing plans for the afternoon to have enough time to enjoy the atmosphere. With the pool, the oak tree with the moss and swing and the rocking chairs on the porch it had everything you have in mind when you think about the south. The rooms are really beautiful and we had a wonderful breakfast there. And what makes it even more special is that the way it's run makes you feel like staying at a friend's home and not like having one room in a hotel.

Room Tip: Karen room ist the one that opens to the back porch with the look at the garden
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Atmosphere very relaxing and staff warm and enviting and breakfast was gourmet quality. Have reurned often beaause it fits every need. The town of Breau Bridge is a great get away wity its own personality. Treat yourself and try it . You will enjoy it

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The whole house was lovely and the room spacious and well-appointed. My only caution was that the bed was very high which might be awkward for some.

We were greeted by the gracious owner. We were the only guests that evening and property was very quiet, eventhough it is not far from busy roads. Wine, cake, soft drinks and coffee provided in community area near bedrooms.

Breakfast was very tasty and beautifully presented in an elegant dining room.
We can highly recommend Isabelle Inn!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

A weekend escape turned into a love affair! We knew we needed to visit the relatives, but why not throw in a bed and breakfast stay as part of the incentive? Isabelle Inn turned out to be our beautiful, peaceful getaway that we hadn't even realized we needed until we were in the middle of enjoying the most complete hospitality ever!
From the moment we were welcomed everything felt just right. our room, The Philip, was spacious and uncluttered, with venerable sturdy furniture that included a rice bed (think four poster, plantation owner) with delicious cotton linens and fluffy down comforter and pillows. Usually I am allergic to feathers but the covers must have had such a high thread count that nomdandermcoud escape and bother me! I was fine...no sniffles at all. And comfy mattress, like sleeping in the palm of a deity, guarded and soothed against any wicked backaches.
Breakfast featured sweets first! Strawberries romaoff or a banana concoction with granola toping. Crawfish pie one day, a sort of eggs Benedict the next. Fresh coffee, juice, and milk. Mmm....
Upstairs is a little day room with Keurig machine and coffee, wine or coolers , and maybe some cake! We picked up our selections and went out to the upstairs balcony to swing on the bench or rock in the wooden chairs. time stood still on thatmupstairs balcony, I know it did!
What is not to love about an inn that anticipates...providing wine, cheese and crackers in the afternoon whe you've been unable to find a place thatsrves lunch at 2 p.m.? After spending half a day at the gulf coast, this surprise was incredible!
Okay, andthenthereis the saltwater pool out back, warm and inviting, secluded but sunny. Ah! So relaxing, so comforting to float and watch the Southern skies go by!

My only regret is that they don't have a dinner restaurant. If they did, I admit, I would never leave!

Room Tip: Ask about bathroom/bedding combos. Choose what is Important to you.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
#6 of 50 in Lafayette
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lafayette South
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Lafayette
Bois Des Chenes Bed and Breakfast

Been to Isabelle Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!