“GREAT!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tunks
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Boyce
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisiana
“GREAT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love almost everything I have ever tried at Tunk's only problem I have is it is kind of pricy but worth it. I just wished I was richer so i could eat there more often. Great place to try ALLIGATOR!!!!

Visited March 2013

Tucson, Arizona
“Big dissapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was really looking forward to eating here. This is my friend's favorite restaurant in the Pineville/Alexandria area, so I have to assume that things usually go better. My broiled snapper was cooked to mush, and had little appearance or texture that indicated that it had been near an open flame; it seemed to have been way overcooked in a moist oven (and I prefer my fish cooked through). The atmosphere had potential that was not realized during our visit. We ate at the Oyster Bar so that we could enjoy being close to the water. But the tables there are crammed together, and I had noisy people just behind me. Parties on each side were throwing crackers and bread in the water to feed the turtles, with children running back and forth. That is not the kind of experience I'm looking for when I go out to a nice restaurant - it felt more like I was at a zoo. The salad bar was a long way from our table, up wooden steps and across a large dining room. It was hardly worth the trip, as the salad bar is basics only. The wait staff were friendly and did a good job. For what we got, the meal was way overpriced, and I won't go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Pineville, Louisiana
“Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Good food, very good food, atmosphere is great, service is great! I always enjoy my visits to Tunks. If you want a standard dining experience you can go into the main restaurant. If you prefer live music with the drinking and bar atmosphere, go downstairs. Right on the lake. Great place!

Visited October 2012
Fort Lee, Virginia
“hum drum and boring food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

thick and greasy sauces, rubbery seafood....it just wasn't appetizing. I had great hopes for this place....but it is mediocre at best.

Visited March 2013
Natchitoches, Louisiana
“Great food pretty location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

The food is wonderful especially the everyday handmade cheesecake. The interior could use an update, its been the same since I was a child, but that almost adds to the charm. Pretty wrap around outdoor porch with a great view of the lake.

Visited April 2013