“Essence Festival Weekend”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boutte
Baltimore, Maryland
“Essence Festival Weekend”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Not what I expected from La Quinta Inn, because I have never stayed with them, I was really surprised. I book a vacation rental in the French Quarter and it was a horrible first night. As a result I did not want to stay in the city therefore I looked up hotels on the outer region and found the LaQuinta in Boutte it was 25 minutes from the Superdome but hell for the service, professionalism and comfortable bed I traveled the 25 minutes. That was a great place to stay. I will stay there next year. Breakfast could have been better but hell its free and I ate it and was happy....Stay There you cant go wrong

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mrsixftfive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Joplin, Missouri
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently for three nights. The hotel itself is very nice - I do not know how old it is but it is definitely on the new side. We gat an amazing deal on Priceline and paid only $51/night for a king room.

Check-in was fast and easy and the staff was very friendly. They called our room to make sure everything was satisfactory after we checked in. At breakfast, the owner was there working and visiting with patrons - very friendly guy.

A few minor annoyances we encountered: the hotel was out of regular coffee and only had decaf available. Also, my sister and her family were staying there and tried to use the laundry facilities, however, the washers weren't working. I also had a difficult time getting connected to the wifi.

The bigger annoyance came after we were home. In checking our bank account, LaQuinta had charged us for our 3-night stay when we left, but our rooms had been paid through Priceline when we booked. I called the hotel and they saw the mistake and said they would correct it. I again checked my bank account and instead of reversing the charges, they charged us a second time. At this time I spoke to management. It took them about three days to correct he problem and I did receive an apology.

Overall this is a nice hotel. I would probably stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank dory_fish77
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Staff was excellent. Hotel was clean. Location was good. Price fluctuates with demand. Could have been a 5 with a better breakfast.......no bacon Marlon was great. Why do I need a minimum of 200 characters for this text

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the weekend of my 60th birthday. The staff was very friendly, interactive and shared places of interest to visit. There are usually small glitches at any place you stay. The difference is how they are handled. I give this La Quinta 5 stars for taking care of the needs and requests of the guests. Requests were handled quickly, efficiently and effectively. I highly recommend them if you are in the area. We always stay at La Quinta Inns and this was definitely one of our favorite.

Room Tip: Great staff.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Room very clean, staff great to deal with and very friendly.

Food in the morning was keep fresh and full as long as people were present.(not closes just because is was time to close)

Will stay here on each visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here one night in march and again for two nights in April 2013. The elevator isse may have occurred during my March stay, when te elevator malfunctioned and a guest was stuck for awhile until the fire department arrived and freed her.

My check in occurred right about the time the guest got stuck. I was delayed as a result, and the clerk at the desk was clearly frazzled in responding to this crisis.

Regardless, I found the staff to be very efficient (aside from the elevator glitch) and exceedingly courteous.

Luckily, I was able to get a ground floor room the weekend of my first stay. The room was not ready (it was just prior to 3 pm), but I was allowed to stow my luggage in the room while I left to take care of some business elsewhere. The hosekeeper assured me she would ready my room prior to my return.

Upon my return, the room was ready and quite clean. It included a small refrigerator. I didn't pay attention to the shape of any other amenities. Oh, the room was also reasonably spacious. The HVAC seemed to do its job keeping the room comfortable

On my second stay, I called an hour ahead of my arrival to see if I could check in (it was a little early in the afternoon) and if I could get a ground floor room (I didn't want to deal with the elevator or stairs). I was told I could indeed check in and get a ground floor room.

When I arrived, the paperwork was printed and ready for me to sign and the key card for my room was waiting for me as well. As it turns out, I was given the same room where I had stayed a month prior.

My only gripe, and is is minor in contrast to the otherwise excellent service and accommodations, is that the outside rubbish bins were sorely in need of emptying. Trash was spilling out onto the grounds.

If you have a need to stay in this general vicinity, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2013
Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and new but the management is severely lacking. The elevator was broken for 5 days before even fixing. Our room wasn't cleaned on different days and no one came to ask if we needed it done. They did not go out of their way to help when problems occurred. They told you how to fix it. Thankfully I stayed on the first floor. People were not told ahead of time the elevator was broken until they were bringing in their luggage and asked where the elevator was. No help was offered or given to people having to climb the stairs to carry their luggage. The breakfast was nice but if you wanted ice I was told where the ice machine was on the 2nd floor. We had a coffee machine in the room but no coffee pot. I was told they didn't have a replacement and you did have to have the pot unlike some machines.. There wasn't cookies baked during the week or weekend I was there. Considering the (5) hotels I have stayed in while visiting the New Orleans area this is still the best hotel. Believe me, it could have been a lot worse so if I visit the area again I probably would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank mytimetraveler
Winston2105, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Boutte, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello...

We are very sorry that your stay with us was not up to par. We take each comment and issue very seriously and will handle immediately. We would like to make it up to you.

Mgt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boutte
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites New Orleans Airport South
Comfort Inn New Orleans Airport
Ramada Luling
Ramada Luling
#3 of 4 in Luling
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner New Orleans Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites New Orleans Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel New Orleans Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Boutte? Share your experiences!