“OK”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because we stay a lot of times in Choice Hotels.
Naturally, we had no idea about what the hotel would be like.
When we got there, we could see that it was in a commercial part of town, tucked back in a mature community.
It didn't look like a regular Comfort Inn. Instead it was an older, two story, outside entrance property.
Employees were very nice, and the room was OK, except for the refrigerator making a loud ticking sound. (We unpluged it.)
At 9:30pm, the fire alarm went off. (Not the owners fault - someone pulled the emergency handle and fled the scene). Fire engines came. There was no fire but surely woke everyone who was sleeping, up!
Breakfast was OK and the employees kept the food stocked and cleaned up.
All in all, it was OK.

Comfort Inn, Bossier City, LA
318-221-2400

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The picture of this hotel on the internet looks like a fairly new and nice hotel. I booked a room for me and my family to stay here in March. I am not familiar with this area, so I booked the room based on what I saw on the internet. The picture of the outside of the hotel is not the hotel at all. The actual hotel is run down and in a sketchy neighborhood. Despite our original observation we went into the lobby to check in. At that point I decided that there was no way my family and I were going to stay the night there. I canceled my room immediately. I did not get a refund, of course, because it was the day of check in and I would have had to cancel the day before to get a refund. So we drove around until we found a decent hotel room in an area where we felt safe. I contacted the hotel, Expedia AARP Travel (which is who I booked through), and no one could assist in getting my refund. The hotel general manager did not even respond to my e-mail. I do not believe the hotel should be able to advertise this picture when it is clearly not a picture of their hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dray312
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We traveled from Texas with the in-laws for my husband's birthday. I chose this motel due to location. We were very pleased. Very clean. Yes, it's right off of the interstate and in an "older neighborhood".....but that made no difference at all. The neighborhood is absolutely fine. Once we were in our rooms, you could not hear any traffic. Granted, we were not on the side near the highway. Now, there were 2 cigarette burns on our bedspread. It looked and smelled clean otherwise. But, they weren't that noticable and it made no difference in how I slept. (we were in a non-smoking room) I suppose if it had really bothered me I could've asked for a new spread with no problems. The online pics of the facility are very true to life. We spent our time at Margaritaville, the Horseshoe and on the boardwalk and they are right up the road. The complimentary breakfast was great as well. I would absolutely stay here again. If you would rather have a hotel with rooms on the inside, there is a Wingate within a stones throw of the Comfort Inn. I always plan my trips with advice from reviews on this site so I figured I'd throw in my two cents! Hope it's helpful!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank abell251
gm_la717, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is a nice clean hotel and quiet, management is on site and available any time. Check in and check out was smooth. Breakfast was OK. It's an older style with rooms that open to outside but a nice area, in an older residential area, houses across the street and a church nearby.

Will stay again when we are in Shreveport area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after the George Strait concert Jan 9 2014 it was quiet and the room was clean n very spacious the bed was comfy we didn't wake in time for breakfast but we enjoyed are stay price was good too

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I got this hotel in my family thanksgiving trip to Texaa and I expect more, considering it is a Confort Inn, but unfortunately it was just ok. Lady who attend in the night was not too happy to receive guest and lady in the morning was concremtrated in her cell phone instead of our questions. After all, it was not a bad ezperience, but a good one either.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Was doing a cross country drive and needed someplace near the highway while going through Shreveport LA. Did not have a reservation. In fact I had first stopped at the Travel Lodge near by but the cyclone fenced parking lot and people loitering near the cars convinced me to find another spot. Front desk staff was welcoming, knowledgeable and had me set up in no time. Room was nicely appointed and very quiet. Parking lot was well lit . All good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo