La Quinta Inn Bossier City
$95
Quality Inn & Suites(Bossier City)
$94
$99
$116
$109
TownePlace Suites
All reviewsroom was cleanquiet areacontinental breakfastan older propertyyogurtwater pressureeasy accesspetsfreewayrateslouisiana
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We traveled in for one night and stayed all night with our grandchild. Upon checking in, the hotel had an "unclean" smell, almost worse than a smoking room but they assured me it was non-smoking. We had little options as there was an event and fair in town that weekend and we didn't check in until late. My 6 year old grandchild got up about 5:30 am to use the restroom and came back waking me up that his lip was swollen. It was the worst thing I have ever seen as it was HUGE. I rushed him to the hospital to find out he had an alergic reaction to many bug bites! I called the hotel the next day to let them know what happened and they did NOTHING. They "noted" it. Wow, what kind of PR is that? I would never even stay in a LaQuinta again, let alone in this city.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2010

First of all, the motel does not look as nice as the pictures portray. This is an older La Quinta and it shows. The lobby is nice and the front desk staff were extremely friendly. Our room was decent. Clean sheets, good size TV, microwave, and fridge. But the bathroom...ugh! It is unbelievably TINY! And definitely needs renovating. The first thing I noticed were hairs in the bathtub. Ew. I would not walk barefoot in there so I put the little bathmat (aka slightly thicker small towel) on the floor to walk on. The bathroom is so small that we had to kick it out of the way to close the door. It also smelled like smoke and there were cigarette burns on the side of the bathtub. And we had a nonsmoking room! I've stayed at some really great La Quintas and this one is definitely not up to par. It's not a terrible place but with all the hotels in the area, I would choose a different place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed one night at this motel and found it to be nicely redone, although the bones are clearly older. The place has that older motel architecture (2 floors, exterior corridor, no elevator) and there is an old closed up restaurant in the parking lot, which is unattractive. But otherwise, everything was fine. The room we had was very nicely remodeled with new carpet, nice bathroom, etc. The beds were very comfortable and the AC worked fine. Good free WiFi. Iron/hair dryer provided, but no fridge/micro. Staff were friendly and call to check if the room is ok after you check in...nice touch. Breakfast was good complete with waffle iron. Just off of I-20 and close to a mexican restaurant, Shoney's, & Ralph-Kacoo's...not much else. Horseshoe casino looked pretty close (but then again it's massive, so it might have been farther that it seemed). $65 AAA on a Thursday...it's worth that, but probably about max. Pool was available and looked clean, but nothing to write home about. Place looked to be the nicest of the bunch at this exit. For the rate, i'd do it again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Very nice hotel!!! Room was comfortable and very clean. Only complaint I have is the very small bathroom, but that is really no big deal. Hotel staff was very friendly and professional. The breakfast was one of the nicest I have seen in a long time. It is really hard to find a nice hotel these days! I highly recommend this La Quinta. The Louisana boardwalk is just a few miles away, and a great place to spend some time. The SawGrass Steak House is a must!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Personnel and breakfast were outstanding, nevertheless, the hotel rooms overall were terrible. The lobby building is deceiving. Mold in the tiny shower and no room in the bathroom to move. Needs new walkways and rusty stairways. Not even a paint job can fix it. Like I said lobby is deceiving. Oh, flip this hotel with HGTV.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple