“room was nice. AC didn't work. Desk Clerk didn't care”

La Quinta Inn Bossier City
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Mobile, Alabama
“room was nice. AC didn't work. Desk Clerk didn't care”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were happy with the room and breakfast and everything else was fine and would have been a perfect stay....BUT...the AC in the room didn't work right and we were hot and I kept having to get up and fiddle with the darn thing in the middle of the night to try to get it to work & ended up getting a horrible night of sleep.

Things happen, stuff breaks....I understand that...but when I went in the morning to check out I told the desk clerk about the malfunctioning AC and the rough night we had and didn't seem to care at all.....I didn't even get a "sorry about that" from him.

Not a good way to close a sale.

Room Tip: check your AC before you lay down for bed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lake Charles, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel! I was impressed by everything this hotel has to offer, from the welcoming, positive attitude of the staff to the clean, comfortable room to the great breakfast. Check-in was a breeze and I was in my room in seconds. The room was well-appointed and very, very clean. The TV was ultra-modern with three different background video opening images to choose from which provided relaxing sounds that you could just leave on if you didn't want to watch a program (one was a moonlit beach with the sight and sounds of waves, another was a forest waterfall, and I can't remember the third). The TV also had an onscreen channel guide was very handy, letting you continue watching a program while scanning all the other channels' program descriptions (and there were lots of channels to choose from). The bed was just about the most comfortable one I have slept in. The bathroom was huge and nice and clean. I could tell that the housekeeping staff go the extra mile to make sure everything is just perfect for the hotel's guests. In addition to make-your-own waffles, breakfast included hard-boiled eggs, fruit, muffins, bagels, apple juice, orange juice, coffee and tea. After being thanked for staying there when I checked out, I left wondering how they could provide all of this for such a low rate and why anyone traveling through or visiting the Bossier City/Shreveport area would want to stay anywhere else. La Quinta really has a great hotel here!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my 9th year staying at this hotel the first weekend of August for the Rivercities Triathlon. I am a La Quinta Rewards member, and I always ask for and get the late check-out. This is one of the cheapest hotels around the area, and it is close to the triathlon in Benton. I didn't know this was a dog-friendly hotel until this trip, and a dog barked a while in a room close to ours, but being a dog owner myself, I was not annoyed by this. It didn't last long. The staff at the front desk called and asked how we liked our room not long after we checked in.
The beds are comfortable, the air conditioner works great, and the pool is clean. The bathroom floor wasn't as clean as it might have been, but that is my only complaint.
The hotel staff makes sure to open breakfast early every year for those of us competing in the triathlon. Breakfast is make you own waffles, frut, yogurt, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and juice. I applaud the staff for their consistent good-humor and their efforts to please the customers.
I plan to stay here every year the first weekend in August fpr the Rivercities Triathlon!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jill G
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

To be honest, I was extremely skeptical about reserving a room here based on some of the reviews previously posted. Room was clean and of quality. Service of staff great! I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed 2 nights locked ourselves out of room .My husband went to front desk get another key they never even asked for I.d ,girl at desk never ask any questions just room number. I did not feel safe after that. I told front desk when we checked out ,said she would tell management. When taking shower thought was gonna fall through floor and no mini fridge. I probably would stay again if I had my dog with me ,but I would test girl at front desk see if she asks for I.d.

Room Tip: Ask about safety ,when locked out of room to get another key.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Kd5pcg
Humble, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had a King room next to the breezeway on the back side of the property. I didn't have trouble parking, but like the other reviewers noted, there were several people parked in the lot with trailers taking up several parking spots. It was quiet in my room even though I was next to the stairwell. The AC unit worked well and it wasn't too loud. I find the beds at these hotels to be very comfortable, and this one was no exception. I thought it was clean in my room and in the common areas. My room didn't have a mini-fridge, and I didn't notice a safe. I'm glad I packed my own shower items because all that was in the bathroom was a tiny bottle of "Conditioning Shampoo" and small square of "Face and Body Soap." My boyfriend tried to use that soap and ended up using my girly soap because it was so bad. The only part of the free breakfast we took advantage of was coffee and grabbing a muffin. My coffee maker in my room didn't have the filter for it, but I went to guest services and they gave me one. It was easier to walk down to the lobby in the morning and get coffee so I could use real half and half and not the powdered kind that was in the room. I thought it was weird that they had waffles, but guests were making their own. The breakfast also included hard boiled eggs, bananas, packaged grits and oatmeal, frosted flakes and corn flakes, and yogurt. There was apple and orange juice as well. I found all of the staff to be exceptionally friendly and accommodating. I am a rewards member and my check in and check out took less than two minutes. The requests I made in my reservation were met. I ended up not bringing my dog even though I indicated I would in my reservation, but there was no pet deposit charged anyway. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Better parking on the back side because people can't really park their trailers back there if th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple