“Customer service nightmare!”

Budgetel Shreveport/Bossier
Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Im up at 2 a.m. writing this because upon returning to my room that i've already rented for the month my key doesn't work. No biggie right? Wrong they tell me they haven't charged my card although my bank says otherwise at the tune of $374.00 for a $203.86 room... Well I tell her she can't charge it agin it will overdraft my acct. She asks me what I want to do! I tell her fix my key I paid the week, she starts the semantics huffing and puffing and when I tell her to stop acting like a child she threatens to call the police on me! The paying customer who is being screwed by her incompetency.... She then proceeds to lock me out of the lobbie when I walk outside without resolving my issue. Her name is Tanya she is a Customer service nightmare and how she became the manager of anything is beyond my understanding. As long as she is working here I wouldn't recommend staying unless you want to be threatened and lied to.... It's a shame too though because the price is good and the room is clean I won't ever stay here again and will be filing a complaint with the owner first thing...

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank travelinglmtjmc
There are newer reviews for Budgetel Shreveport/Bossier

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This hotel is awful. We asked for a non smoking room, but it smelled of cigs and had an ashtray in it. There was standing water in the coffee pot. And I never made any coffee. I had to ask for my room to be cleaned. And for extra towels. It got missed one day b/c the cleaning staff was sick. We came back one time to pick up something and there was our door wide open with the cleaning staff and some unknown man just standing in the door. Excuse me you don't work there get away from our room door. We left early 5 days into our 7. Plus on all those days there was a trailer parked in frontnof our room taking up 5 parking spots. We complained twice but nothing was done. They never parked on the opposite side where they should have. We complained to the front about everything but got a nasty attitude back. They was like you should have told us as soon as u had a problem. Well I had been gone all day. And came back late soo... this place was supposedly remodeled. Where at the shower head maybe? I mean if u want a cheap nasty place to stay this is it. Next time ill be sure to choose more wisely.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I must say anytime I see a cheap price, I run. Most low budget hotels are filthy. This hotel was actually acceptable. The lobby smelled like fresh pine sol when we walked in which made me feel better about choosing this place. The manager lady told me that the ownership had did some remodeling and she wanted me to stay in one of the better room. The room she rented me was really pretty and clean. Red and White with colorful decorations. I was very impressed. The maintenance guys were really helpful, they brought my luggage to the room. The only issue I had with this hotel is that basic breakfast. Bread, bread , bread, and more bread. Management needs to revamp the breakfast. Anyway, I would stay here again. I paid 56 dollars, it's worth it.

Room Tip: Ask the manager for one of the remodeled rooms.. They are nice and clean.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2013

When we drove up to the place, we saw that it was empty. We also saw a 39.00 dollar sign on the building so we immediatly assumed that the hotel would be a dump. But it was late and raining so we decided to stay anyway. The old lady at the front desk was nice, but it took her forever to check us in. When we finally got to our room, me and my husband were shocked The room was clean, and brand new sheets and pillows were on the bed. The air conditioner did not work well however. The carpet was clean.The bathroom was clean, but way too small. I probably would stay at this hotel again if my funds were tight....I mean it was the cheapest in town on a saturday night. Overall the stay was decent. The continental breakfast was all bread.... they should add some form of meat.

Room Tip: Get a room by the front side like we did... decent and safe.... dont go back by the train.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was one of the very old hotels. The service was poor what I mean is only had one desk help which did not have a good attention span. When I went in to check in she remember that she needed to take a key card to one of the rooms on the top floor outside so customer rep grabs the key and takes off out was out of office leaving it unmanned and unmaintained. The room was not very appealing and was very hot never cooled down. Drunks was all around the pool so no one else could enjoy their time at the pool for them screaming and yelling at each other and beer cans all over the place.

Room Tip: When looking for a good place to stay make sure you get a 4 star or above.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here the summer of 2012. Considering it to be a low price, I would say that you get what you pay for. The location looked ok when we pulled up. I don't know much about Bossier City so I don't know what locations are safe or not. This one didn't look the safest but sure not the scariest either, about average. It's just off the road. The beds were comfy and we had pretty good channels to watch on tv. The view wasn't great at all, on the side we got we couldn't see anything hardly. I didn't notice any roaches at all like the other reviews said, but maybe that's just my room. It was quiet though, until we were sleeping and heard a train blow the horn about every hour!! it was horrible. Me and my youngest daughter couldn't sleep but my husband and 2 other daughters are light sleepers and slept through it all. But the train was really close, like about 4 cars away from the hotel. The staff was very friendly. If you're just needing a place to sleep and are a hard sleeper then it's good for the price.

Room Tip: Have earplugs to sleep with because of the train or be a hard sleeper.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was greeted by roaches in the bathroom nightstand and bed and the carpets were so dirty that I laid towels down to keep my socks clean. Their breakfast was stale danish, watered down OJ and english muffins. They don't allow pets and any pet that peed in my room would made a improvement to the aroma of that dirty nasty hot mess. Never again

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family